UAB Peds Residents in Bus Accident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mvenus929

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Maybe not the best place, but as they are our colleagues, I'm posting here. Move if appropriate.

Peds interns were on a retreat, and were involved in a bus accident. Not sure if it was the whole class, but reports are that 25 residents were involved. Five are in critical condition, and a total of 11 with injuries severe enough to go to the hospital.

Bus carrying UAB pediatric interns crashes in Winston County; multiple injuries

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow that is so horrible. I'm glad it seems they will be ok. Sending them good vibes.

Thank you for sharing

One of my friends from med school is in Peds at UAB, haven't heard anything from/about him specifically but hoping that all are ok!

One of my friends from med school is in Peds at UAB, haven't heard anything from/about him specifically but hoping that all are ok!

It sounds like it was the entire intern class, and a couple of PICU attendings following in separate cars. But no other years were involved as far as I can tell.

Probably had to have some adjustments in your friend’s schedule due to multiple people not being able to work for some amount of time, though.