UAB vs. BCM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

epileptic

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Having a hard time ranking one over the other. As there are limited comments in the "impressions" threads, pros and cons of either program from interviewee/current & former resident/faculty would be highly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Having a hard time ranking one over the other. As there are limited comments in the "impressions" threads, pros and cons of either program from interviewee/current & former resident/faculty would be highly appreciated!

Baylor for sure. Better facility, location, and faculty with more fellowship options. Both have a brutal call schedule instead of night float.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know the story of why Baylor had to SOAP for four positions last year? It seems uncharacteristic both of the program and of neurology programs in general, so when I saw that statistic I figured something had to have happened.

Does anyone know the story of why Baylor had to SOAP for four positions last year? It seems uncharacteristic both of the program and of neurology programs in general, so when I saw that statistic I figured something had to have happened.

Would also be interested. I've also noted that on the "Internship, Residency, and Fellowship Positions" that there is a slot for PGY-3 starting next year.

I've heard mixed things about Baylor, but I still ranked them somewhat high when I applied a couple years ago.