UAB vs. UMKC (MAHI)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paravalvularLeak

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, ROL deadline is close - I wanted to know what is the general opinion on UAB vs UMKC(MAHI) - I seem to like the latter better (especially from interventional and outcomes research perspective) - but it is a pvt place and not as well known as UAB.

Would appreciate any insights.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Mid-America is well known in the interventional community. A friend currently training at UAB says the program is in flux.

I'd go UMKC.

agree. MidAmerica is very well known in interventional community, and has great outcomes research program- EP , imaging and heart failure are average. UAB on the other hand is/was an academic powerhouse, and used to be ranked among top cardiology programs by US news till they changed their ranking methodology (previously reputation was given a lot of weight etc etc). I think another thread specifically talked about UAB and issues with fellows, faculty and their leadership. Although research there appears to be shrinking, I would think that the clinical training should be quite strong given it's in the the buckle of the CVD belt. I dont know about the fellows' experience though.