UAB vs. UMKC (MAHI)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

paravalvularLeak

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Guys, ROL deadline is close - I wanted to know what is the general opinion on UAB vs UMKC(MAHI) - I seem to like the latter better (especially from interventional and outcomes research perspective) - but it is a pvt place and not as well known as UAB.

Would appreciate any insights.

Thanks
 
Mid-America is well known in the interventional community. A friend currently training at UAB says the program is in flux.

I'd go UMKC.
 
agree. MidAmerica is very well known in interventional community, and has great outcomes research program- EP , imaging and heart failure are average. UAB on the other hand is/was an academic powerhouse, and used to be ranked among top cardiology programs by US news till they changed their ranking methodology (previously reputation was given a lot of weight etc etc). I think another thread specifically talked about UAB and issues with fellows, faculty and their leadership. Although research there appears to be shrinking, I would think that the clinical training should be quite strong given it's in the the buckle of the CVD belt. I dont know about the fellows' experience though.