UAMS any info?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LittleRock

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on UAMS's Anesthesiology program
(University of Arkansas).
Ive searched through this forum and I havent been able to find anything really. Anyone out there that has anything to share, good and bad?
Im considering it for one of my backup programs because I want to stay close to TX as possible if I dont match in TX and was wondering if i should go there for an away rotation.

Please share your opinion.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I did write a review about my interview experience there ,you can go back and check it.
It was a nice program,the facility was really good.
It seemed to be a didactic oriented program,heavy load of cases
We got to meet just a single resident and he looked tired.
In the dinner after the interview,many more residents turned up.
Fewer hearts,strong peds

Hey serenity, thanks for your reply..
i did come across your post about your interview experience... was informative

any others out there? what did u think of the program..
has anyone rotated there? or spent more time there than one day at the interview, anyone a resident there or friends with residents there, any UAMS students out there??

I saw that one person from texas ranked UAMS this yr....
Id be interested in others experiences with uams.. because I;m not sure whether I should be seriously considering this program as a backup when i apply for the match next yr..

Members don't see this ad :)
GasMD said:
Here is a link to an old review about UAMS from scutwork.com. Hope that helps. :smuggrin:

http://www.scutwork.com/cgi-bin/links/review.cgi?ID=1636&d=1

hey gasmd..thanks for the link..i had seen that review too but its from 2001.... several yrs old.. anyone with more recent info? I had heard that UAMS is focusing on board passing rates and didactics etc..

what is the atmosphere like between residents and attendings?

LittleRock said:
I saw that one person from texas ranked UAMS this yr....
Id be interested in others experiences with uams.. because I;m not sure whether I should be seriously considering this program as a backup when i apply for the match next yr..

I guess you would be referring to me... I did rank UAMS but as you can see it was very close to last on my list. There wasn't anything specifically wrong with the program that I could complain about, but I just didn't get the feeling that the program was as strong as most of the other TX programs that I interviewed at. I also only met 1 resident who was a CA-3 on his way out, which didn't really impress me that much, I feel like they should expose us to lots of interns and CA-1's. Even at dinner, there were a few more, but they mostly sat with each other on the other end of the table. The program also is known for having a high number of FMG (Not that that's a good or bad thing, but just pointing it out) PEdi is strong there which is 1 stregnth, but I didn't feel like it was any stronger than you would get at TX Children's at Baylor or Parkland Children's at Dallas.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any more specific questions....