UAMS Northwest DPT class 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dpt_hb

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to make a thread for us that have been accepted and have decided to attend UAMS! Just thought we could meet each other through this thread!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I was accepted to the UAMS dpt program and will be attending!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm out of state. I'm from Oklahoma. What about you?

I've only looked online. Will have to make a trip one weekend to get a better idea of places.

I've only looked online. Will have to make a trip one weekend to get a better idea of places.
Same here, I'm planning on going up the beginning of next month to tour and hopefully find a place

Same here. I'ts so exciting! Can't wait to get there and get started!

Same here. I'ts so exciting! Can't wait to get there and get started!
Me too! I like the feel of Fayetteville and especially how the program is ran. The only thing I'm worried since being out-of-state was housing and deciding if I wanted to room with anyone from the program but then again I don't really know met anyone that has been accepted into the program!

Yeah I don't know anyone else either. It would be nice to be able to know who all has accepted a position and is for sure going to UAMS. I love the town and the school there. Definitely a nice program. Hopefully a few more people that will be classmates will join this form!

Yeah I don't know anyone else either. It would be nice to be able to know who all has accepted a position and is for sure going to UAMS. I love the town and the school there. Definitely a nice program. Hopefully a few more people that will be classmates will join this form!
Yes I agree, Fayetteville is a very nice area for the program. And I hope so too, because I would be open to finding a roommate for living to make the transition a little easier with someone in the program that I can relate to.

Yes I agree, Fayetteville is a very nice area for the program. And I hope so too, because I would be open to finding a roommate for living to make the transition a little easier with someone in the program that I can relate to.
Are there any apartment in particular you have looked at? I went to Fayetteville today and looked around at a lot of them!

Are there any apartment in particular you have looked at? I went to Fayetteville today and looked around at a lot of them!
I'm real interested in the sterling district apartments since they're so close to UAMS and I was told that they were really nice. Which ones did you like the most!?

I looked around at a lot of apartments there. I didn't look at the Sterling ones though, so I'm glad you brought that one up. A lot of the ones that I looked at were owned by the property management Lindsey. Most of them were all about 10 mins away from campus. Which wasn't too bad after driving to and from the campus from each apartment. I checked out the cliffs 2 and the links, those were my favorite of the Lindsey properties. If I get the chance in the next few weekends to make it back I may have to check out some of the ones more in town. Also, a lot of the apartments I stopped at said they are starting to already build wait lists for the summer and fall, so I'll probably be making the decision soon.

I looked around at a lot of apartments there. I didn't look at the Sterling ones though, so I'm glad you brought that one up. A lot of the ones that I looked at were owned by the property management Lindsey. Most of them were all about 10 mins away from campus. Which wasn't too bad after driving to and from the campus from each apartment. I checked out the cliffs 2 and the links, those were my favorite of the Lindsey properties. If I get the chance in the next few weekends to make it back I may have to check out some of the ones more in town. Also, a lot of the apartments I stopped at said they are starting to already build wait lists for the summer and fall, so I'll probably be making the decision soon.

Were the apartments you saw pretty much furnished already or unfurnished? I'm trying to find a place that is furnished for my first year at least since it'll be such a hassle to much furniture from state to state!

Were the apartments you saw pretty much furnished already or unfurnished? I'm trying to find a place that is furnished for my first year at least since it'll be such a hassle to much furniture from state to state!
Yes, I believe that all of the apartments I looked at under the Lindsey management can be furnished!

Reactions: 1 user
I lived in Fayetteville during grad school and will just say be very careful to read your lease from Lindsey management. I lived at mountain ranch which is a little pricey but I loved the location. I also lived at the Bedford loop apartments which is very close to the intramural fields and very cheap. I think my 1:1 was $355/month. My fiance lived at the links which was great- they have an awesome gym at the clubhouse plus free golf if that's your thing. I also lived at the southern view apartments (lindesey) which was ok. Their owners rubbed me the wrong way a couple times. So many options!! I would suggest buying a home in the area if that is in the cards...booming area and very affordable!

I lived in Fayetteville during grad school and will just say be very careful to read your lease from Lindsey management. I lived at mountain ranch which is a little pricey but I loved the location. I also lived at the Bedford loop apartments which is very close to the intramural fields and very cheap. I think my 1:1 was $355/month. My fiance lived at the links which was great- they have an awesome gym at the clubhouse plus free golf if that's your thing. I also lived at the southern view apartments (lindesey) which was ok. Their owners rubbed me the wrong way a couple times. So many options!! I would suggest buying a home in the area if that is in the cards...booming area and very affordable!

Thank you for the insight! Do you know of any other apartments that are close to UAMS

Hey guys! I am from Memphis, TN and will be attending the UAMS PT program starting in fall 2017 as well! I contacted Kayla yesterday about housing. She stated that she is creating a type of forum/website or maybe just an email that will contain information about housing. It will also contain each PT students information for us to get to know our class and for us to pick roommates with each other. She said that she would send this information out sometime in March. I hope this helps with the housing situation.

Hey guys! I am from Memphis, TN and will be attending the UAMS PT program starting in fall 2017 as well! I contacted Kayla yesterday about housing. She stated that she is creating a type of forum/website or maybe just an email that will contain information about housing. It will also contain each PT students information for us to get to know our class and for us to pick roommates with each other. She said that she would send this information out sometime in March. I hope this helps with the housing situation.

I was also told by Kayla she was going to create some forum but I didn't know when this forum/website would be ready for us! So thank you on further details! Have you looked at any housing options so far? I am also out-of-state from Fort Worth, TX

Thank you for the insight! Do you know of any other apartments that are close to UAMS
I don't have any that either I or my friends lived in closer to UAMS. I will say that it is a very short drive around town as long as you don't live by the mall and are trying to head towards campus.