synergee

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2004
San Diego
Status (Visible)
I just got accepted into UatB, SUNY!! It's definately going to be a big change for me if i attend the university because im from california. Im planning to visit the campus during my spring break if possible but can anyone from the university or is familiar with the school tell more about it? Hows life on campus and off campus? Hows the weather, people, area? Hows the curriculum? Anything to be worried about or prepare for? etc.,etc,....

Thank you !!!!!!

:clap:

dontworry

Dont Worry, Be Happy
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2004
Albany, NY
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by jdpharmd?
Weather!? Hahahahah! If you only knew. ;)

hehe, im in Albany which is 5 hours away from Buffalo. I have only been to the town of Buffalo once, but i know its definitly cold there. Lots of snow, wind and generally overcast crappy winters. Ive decided that after school im def not staying in NY because its just too cold and depressing in the winter. But good luck at UB. Warm boots are definitly needed.

About the Ads

pharmd-08

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2004
MN
Status (Visible)
hey congrats on your acceptance! Don't worry about the weather because you would spend most of four years studying inside anyway:)
By the way how did the application process at SUNY Buffalo go? Did you go to the interview and everything? I'm applying there too but haven't completed the application material for undergraduate because I figured I won't go there anyway.
Just curious to know what I might miss here, probably I got rejected already because of my incompleteness.

loo

Always Sleepy
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2002
Where It Is Always Cold
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinarian
Congratulations!

Bad news: Arctic-like cold with plenty of snow. Spring/summer begins in August (joking). Bad football and hockey teams (Bills and Sabres). Loads of fun at games, though!

Good news: Good school with excellent teaching. You're practically on the Canadian border close to the amazing Niagara Falls. Great beer.

Enjoy yourself. You've earned it.

Regards,

loo

Leah27

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2004
New York State
Status (Visible)
Congrats on your acceptance synergee! Buffalo is cold, but I know it is one of the top pharmacy schools. I havn't heard from them yet, but I also applied for the fall 04 entry class. I was wondering if you had an interview with them, and when did you get your acceptance letter? I'm just sitting tight waiting to hear from them... I'm applying with a B.S in Neuroscience, 3.24 GPA and 97th percentile PCAT and I am so nervous i havn't heard anything yet... congrats again and don't forget to buy a winter coat, gloves, hats, ski masks, snowshoes, long-johns, (jk on the snowshoes)

synergee

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2004
San Diego
Status (Visible)
Hi Leah27,

I sent in all my stuff by january i believe, and got my acceptance march 10th. They don't require interviews. When did you send in everything? Is Buffalo your first choice? I think the weather is what i am most scared of since im from california. Are summers really hot? Do you know much about the area as to where to live and what not? Im sure youll hear from them soon, gluck with that! =)

Leah27

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2004
New York State
Status (Visible)
Hi synergee... yeah, Buffalo is my first choice and i still havn't heard :( I had everything in in January also, but I took my PCAT JAN 24th (at buffalo actually) so those scores didn't get in until begining of March... I thought I was fairly competitvie as far as credentials go... but we'll see... As far as where to live, you will most likely want to live in Amherst , which is where the Pharmacy school is located on the North Campus... it is acutally the lowest crime city in New York STate... (I currently live in the highest crime rate city, Rochester) I belive the SUNY Buffalo website has a roomate search webpage attached, so you might want to look for that... of course you could live on campus, but that is $$$!! When I took the test there, I did notice that city bus routes went right onto campus, which is a good thing for getting around... It will be hot and sticky in the summer... we have all four seasons here in western ny... all four seasons to the EXTREAME! Prepare for that, and you'll be fine.. HOPEFULLY i'll see you there next year!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.