UB Applicants 2010

Started by will7678
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So you are waitlisted to get an interview?

If you want to think of it that way I guess.
They will waitlist before and after the interview. One poster (last year) was waitlisted, then interviewed then waitisted again and did not get in (poor alenadoma). I was wailitsted w/o the interview and was not accepted.
 
hey! congrats on ur interview invitation! Did you receive it by snail mail or e-mail?

Thanks everyone!!!

Email. UB pretty much does everything by email (the one you put in the PharmCAS app) as far as I know (and from what other people said last year). Including interviews, acceptance, etc.
 
If you want to think of it that way I guess.
They will waitlist before and after the interview. One poster (last year) was waitlisted, then interviewed then waitisted again and did not get in (poor alenadoma). I was wailitsted w/o the interview and was not accepted.


haha thanks. I'm over it though 🙂

Congrats on the interview. That is GREAT news!!!!
 
Can somebody who is familiar with Buffalo recommend a hotel to stay at? I hear the the Heights area around South Campus is where most of the nightlife is, so I figure that will be a fun area to stay in. Preferably something cheap. Thanks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm applying but I'm worried because I submitted my application at the very end of November so I'm wondering if I'll even make the time cutoff for an interview.
:scared: stressstressstress

Just wondering, anyone going for a pharmD/PhD at UB? I've been considering it.
 
I got an interview for January 29th!

I'm scared about the travel though. I live in Pittsburgh and I'll be driving up to Buffalo. The weather had better cooperate.
 
I got an interview invitation by email this morning. I submitted my PharmCAS application in late Nov. See you there on Jan 29th.
 
70 minute drive here so just a little more on gas but also no need for a hotel. Although it is a bit tempting to spend the night after since I have an interview at D'Youville the next morning.
 
I will give advice to all driving to UB. Parking sucks. Really, really, really sucks.

I don't know where visitors will park (I have a parking pass) but I know that when I had to park on north campus for a 1:00 class there were a line of about 5 cars waiting near the top of a parking lot. WHen a person would go through the parking lot to go to their car, the first car in line would follow them to their car.

This is probably the norm in most universities but it sucks. Give yourself ample time to park. Honestly it takes me about 30 minutes to get to UB but then another 30 to park sometimes (sometimes longer). Or take the $20 parking ticket :laugh:
 
I received an interview invite for January 29th as well!

Has anyone heard anything about the writing portion? I'm a little concerned about that aside from the one-on-one interview. This is my first professional interview and I have no idea what to anticipate aside from the information that UB has given on their website.
 
Interview Invite for February 5th!

...need to book plane. No car (that would be a 9 hour drive even if I had a car or knew how to operate one).
 
so im trying to book a flight now, and the last flight out of buffalo is 6:45. If the interview ends around 5:30 that would be cutting it kind of close huh.
 
I will give advice to all driving to UB. Parking sucks. Really, really, really sucks.

I don't know where visitors will park (I have a parking pass) but I know that when I had to park on north campus for a 1:00 class there were a line of about 5 cars waiting near the top of a parking lot. WHen a person would go through the parking lot to go to their car, the first car in line would follow them to their car.

This is probably the norm in most universities but it sucks. Give yourself ample time to park. Honestly it takes me about 30 minutes to get to UB but then another 30 to park sometimes (sometimes longer). Or take the $20 parking ticket :laugh:

Are you serious? Where are you trying to park, the 3 spots right in front of Cooke? Be realistic and embrace the Governors lots. Each day, unless its 8am (when I utilize those 3 spots in cooke) I am able to park and am in the building within 10 minutes at the most.

Visitors have designated parking on the northern side of campus in front of Fronczak. Interviewees will have direction on where to park.
 
Are you serious? Where are you trying to park, the 3 spots right in front of Cooke? Be realistic and embrace the Governors lots. Each day, unless its 8am (when I utilize those 3 spots in cooke) I am able to park and am in the building within 10 minutes at the most.

Visitors have designated parking on the northern side of campus in front of Fronczak. Interviewees will have direction on where to park.

Others have told me that it was difficult to park in governors. I park in main street lot on south campus most of the time (that's where most of my classes are). I was trying to park in Hochstetter B and I was close to the road, not 3 spots in front of cooke.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I park in front of hochstetter all the time. The key is to get there early, or you're banished to governers forever. It's nice to get the exercise though, I'll admit.
 
I have a question about the luggage.

I think most of us will check out when leaving for interview. How will you take care of your luggage if you don't drive? I know it sounds kinds of funny but is it possible to carry it with us?
 
I have a question about the luggage.

I think most of us will check out when leaving for interview. How will you take care of your luggage if you don't drive? I know it sounds kinds of funny but is it possible to carry it with us?

I had a carry on when I went to UNC (a backpack) and so did another guy. I asked if there was someplace I could leave my bag and they had me leave it in one of their offices.
I'm sure UB would do something similar. I'm sure if you ask to leave your luggage somewhere they would let you keep it in an office or something. I'm sure you wouldn't be the first to ask.
 
anyone who has an interview - can you tell me how long it lasts? Do you have a tour at the end?

They said it will last until 5:30 in the email - but I'm hoping it will end earlier. I have a class on south campus at 4:00 and I'm wondering if I can make it. I can probably skip the tour since I already go here. (I was told that the early assurance students didn't get a tour a couple years ago.) There were a couple people I know who interviewed a couple years ago and they said it wouldn't last until 5:30 so I was just wondering then it did end.
 
anyone who has an interview - can you tell me how long it lasts? Do you have a tour at the end?

They said it will last until 5:30 in the email - but I'm hoping it will end earlier. I have a class on south campus at 4:00 and I'm wondering if I can make it. I can probably skip the tour since I already go here. (I was told that the early assurance students didn't get a tour a couple years ago.) There were a couple people I know who interviewed a couple years ago and they said it wouldn't last until 5:30 so I was just wondering then it did end.

http://www.studentdoctor.net/schools/school/suny-buffalo/survey/29
 

That did not help. I have been to the interview feedback before. That listed how long the actual interview was. I am asking how long the entire day took. I know the entire experience lasts more than 30 minutes. Thanks for reading my question before posting an unhelpful link 🙄

I am not expecting a concrete answer right this minute. I am just asking the people who have interviewers coming up how long the entire day lasts.
 
I have the interview this saturdayy. Does anyone know about how many early assurance interviewees they accept?
 
desmoulins45179, Did you do anything to get that interview after being waitlisted; I was so sad of being waitlisted the second time since December; I heard about the EA interview is one to one though figuring it is such an advantage for them: 3.5 is the only requirement!!!
 
Hey, good luck everyone. I just transferred to UB this year, and I love it. While I don't think I'll even get an interview there, I hope you guys have a great time. If anyone has any questions about UB, I'll try to help (I'm a senior Chem major who transferred in fall 09, so I don't know everything, but I can try.)
 
Hey, good luck everyone. I just transferred to UB this year, and I love it. While I don't think I'll even get an interview there, I hope you guys have a great time. If anyone has any questions about UB, I'll try to help (I'm a senior Chem major who transferred in fall 09, so I don't know everything, but I can try.)

hey apteryx, when did you submit your application? and what is your stat? Do you mind share!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will be in UB for an interview on friday. Will I be able to use the UB stampede to get around, or do they check for student ID upon entry?

Yes. ID is not required. But they only take you to certain places lol not wherever u want haha good luck on your interview
 
Yes. ID is not required. But they only take you to certain places lol not wherever u want haha good luck on your interview
If you take the stampede, the closest stop would be flint loop. THen you pretty much keep going to the left. There are underground passages to get to Cooke inside to avoid the cold/snow (if it's there). You could ask someone for directions once you get inside if you don' want to walk outside.

Wow...those were terrible directions lol