UB Pharmacy Acceptance chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

icekitsune

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just received my third semester grades for UB and they are not what I wanted/needed. I am applying through regular and early assurance admissions. I'm actually quite scared about not getting in right now.

When I calculated my grade- my current math and science gpa is 3.48, not the 3.5 needed. Do you think that talking to EA admissions will help. I mean if you divide 3.5/4 = .875 and 3.48/4= .870. I know it says minimum requirement and i'm so upset about missing that .02 points. Do you think they'll allow an interview? ( i understand that i might not even get in with the interview but its a chance)

As for regular admissions my GPA overall would be 3.6 i think. I'm also taking the pcat in january and my LofR is from my work manager, calc prof and orgo prof (if he ever gets to it). I had some shadowing experience and some volunteering work like tutoring (not quite pharmacy related but just people interaction , i guess)

Thank you for your comments.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I just received my third semester grades for UB and they are not what I wanted/needed. I am applying through regular and early assurance admissions. I'm actually quite scared about not getting in right now.

When I calculated my grade- my current math and science gpa is 3.48, not the 3.5 needed. Do you think that talking to EA admissions will help. I mean if you divide 3.5/4 = .875 and 3.48/4= .870. I know it says minimum requirement and i'm so upset about missing that .02 points. Do you think they'll allow an interview? ( i understand that i might not even get in with the interview but its a chance)

As for regular admissions my GPA overall would be 3.6 i think. I'm also taking the pcat in january and my LofR is from my work manager, calc prof and orgo prof (if he ever gets to it). I had some shadowing experience and some volunteering work like tutoring (not quite pharmacy related but just people interaction , i guess)

Thank you for your comments.

Are you applying for fall 2009? If so, I would submit PharmCAS asap - UB is on rolling admissions, and your chances are best if you apply early. You don't have to wait for your recommendors to submit their letters to submit PharmCAS, and you're getting kinda close to the deadline. As far as your chances, I'm honestly not sure - 3.6 GPA is good, but you have to do really, really well on the PCAT, especially since you don't have pharmacy experience or a degree. The good thing is that you still have plenty of time even if you don't get in for Fall 2009. Getting a degree would make you much more competitive, and so would getting some pharmacy experience. Again, make sure you do really well on the PCAT :)
Good luck to you!!

if you don't mind, what is your gpa/pcat scores? alot of schools seems to be accepting you, (which is great) and yes, i am applying to fall 09.

I would recommend applying for regular admissions too since you are so borderline for early assurance.