UB Transfer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDKid89

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thinking of transferring to SUNY Buffalo (or possibly UCONN) instead of doing pharmacy at LIU. Anyone know the conditions for a transfer student has meet to a chance to be accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

I thinking of transferring to SUNY Buffalo (or possibly UCONN) instead of doing pharmacy at LIU. Anyone know the conditions for a transfer student has meet to a chance to be accepted?

Are you planning to apply after you have started pharmacy school at LIU? I do not think UB accepts transfer pharmacy students, but you can always check with the admission office to confirm. However, if you are planning to transfer to UB to be part of the new c/o 2013 then you can apply directly to the school of pharmacy through PharmCAS by the deadline Feb 2. You can apply as long as you complete all of the required pre requisites by spring of 09 and have taken the PCAT. Additional information can be found at http://www.pharmacy.buffalo.edu/admissions_pharmd.shtml it will show you the minimum requirements and student body profile of last year accepted students. Good luck!

If you don't mind me asking, how come you want to transfer out of LIU? Do you not like it there? I am asking because I am considering applying to that school since it is close to my house.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you planning to apply after you have started pharmacy school at LIU? I do not think UB accepts transfer pharmacy students, but you can always check with the admission office to confirm. However, if you are planning to transfer to UB to be part of the new c/o 2013 then you can apply directly to the school of pharmacy through PharmCAS by the deadline Feb 2. You can apply as long as you complete all of the required pre requisites by spring of 09 and have taken the PCAT. Additional information can be found at http://www.pharmacy.buffalo.edu/admissions_pharmd.shtml it will show you the minimum requirements and student body profile of last year accepted students. Good luck!

I'm still in pre-pharm so it's possible :)

If you don't mind me asking, how come you want to transfer out of LIU? Do you not like it there? I am asking because I am considering applying to that school since it is close to my house.

Well LIU is a private institution and is much more expensive than a state school like SUNY. I mean if I go to SUNY, I'll only have to pay $20000 for the program than LIU, which is like $35000+. SUNY, and UCONN are affordable for me. LIU is expensive..

Well LIU is a private institution and is much more expensive than a state school like SUNY. I mean if I go to SUNY, I'll only have to pay $20000 for the program than LIU, which is like $35000+. SUNY, and UCONN are affordable for me. LIU is expensive..

o yeah...that's true

You have plenty of choices then, good luck!