UBC acceptances today?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dchung42

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it today that they are announcing?

I woke up so early for this lol

Members don't see this ad.

Is it today that they are announcing?

I woke up so early for this lol

seriously...
i got two calls this morning already from area codes i don't recognize.. thinking that maybe it was them calling through some long-distance calling card...

unfortunately, nothing yet.

lol just a couple more hours to go maybe ;p

Members don't see this ad :)
jk... its british columbia ;)

Last edited:
should I call and check out when they're sending email?S lol

is it family day in BC too?

maybe they aren't working today ;(

a lot of the time schools will send out the e-mails at the end of the business day, so that the staff are out of the office by the time the students get the emails. Thus they won't be bothered by the bajillion phone calls..

that could be what they are doing...

Members don't see this ad :)
true, but I remember last year that I got my rejection email (pre interview however) around 11am.

Oh well. We should have started a contest on how many time you refresh your inbox today

is family day an official holiday? nothing is open on my campus - -a

yes, family day is an official Province of Ontario holiday.. started up a couple years ago (or maybe just last year)

I called and they picked up...they just said that the emails will be sent today! (no time specified)

what are you all doing while you wait? i caught a terrible cold, and am trying to figure out how to stream videos... ninjavideo.net is really slow :'(

just got back from an adventure in which a car belonging to the people my coworker was housesitting for disappeared from in front of the house. We went to the impound lot to see if it had been towed, no dice, and when we got back to the house the car was there, fully intact with nothing missing. WEIRD

...and now im catching the thrill of studying psyc :thumbdown:

just got back from an adventure in which a car belonging to the people my coworker was housesitting for disappeared from in front of the house. We went to the impound lot to see if it had been towed, no dice, and when we got back to the house the car was there, fully intact with nothing missing. WEIRD

...and now im catching the thrill of studying psyc :thumbdown:

wtf lol

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

440pm beers on monday? yes please!

bet me:

Dear Mr. X:

I am writing on behalf of the Dental Admissions Committee which convened on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 to review the short-listed applications for admission to the DMD program. On behalf of the Dental Admissions Committee of the Faculty of Dentistry, I am pleased to offer you a place in the 2009/2010 first year DMD class.

(i got my acceptance email at 4:30)

I guess those who are accepted got their emails...

here come the rejections =(

I have nothing in inbox lol

I think they announce everything today
mmm

anyone else got an email?

i don't want to be pessimistic, but i think they sent out all the acceptances already

probably takes longer for rejections because they tell us the percentiles for each person

damnit!

i don't want to be pessimistic, but i think they sent out all the acceptances already

probably takes longer for rejections because they tell us the percentiles for each person

damnit!

do you know anyone else that got an email? other than slokan

I got an acceptance too, im so hyped to stay in BC.

quick question, it says we have to fill out the enclosed change of faculty form, but i dont see an attachment, anyone else have that problem?

Yes. There was nothing attached to my email either.

how small a world it is:

went to go celebrate my acceptance, and my work friends from queens were at the bar with their roommate...who also got in! (aka, double the celebrations ensued....)

For those of you who will be receiving a "line of credit"...what bank did you choose and why?

I'm going with RBC because they offer 200000 whereas TD offers 150000. This is what ive heard so far, i havent gone to the branch yet so I wouldnt quote me on it, but im pretty sure those numbers are right. Hope that helps.

can you get loans from both of the banks?

Will any of you still think about UA? ...cuz I was calculating...even if we lose the 10,000 deposit...it will still be cheaper....

Will any of you still think about UA? ...cuz I was calculating...even if we lose the 10,000 deposit...it will still be cheaper....