Uber/Lyft

Started by yuio
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

yuio

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was an Uber driver for a bit in undergrad and I'd like to include it on my app as part of my job history. The only problem is given the way Uber is run online I have no contact at all to put on the app. I don't even think there is a phone number/e-mail contact a representative to confirm hours or anything. Do any of you have experience with Uber/Lyft and put it on your app?
 
There has got to be a payroll/accounting contact right? Give them a call. You don't need a supervisor, you need anyone who can verify that you really work for Uber.
 
You are allowed to list yourself as the contact, which it sounds like you should do in this case. If a school or AMCAS wants to confirm, you would be able to just forward along whatever proof you have of your work (do drivers get receipts for rides like passengers do? is there a weekly/ monthly / yearly summary of your work?)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are allowed to list yourself as the contact, which it sounds like you should do in this case. If a school or AMCAS wants to confirm, you would be able to just forward along whatever proof you have of your work (do drivers get receipts for rides like passengers do? is there a weekly/ monthly / yearly summary of your work?)

Thanks! Technically I never worked for Uber but I was an independent contractor, so technically driving was considered as my own business. Turns out they aren't allowed to give out information for contact so I think I will list myself and provide documentation if necessary, I have reciepts for hours worked.