UC app - does this include the drew program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdub

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey,

i am applying to the drew program thru UCLA, and i was wondering if anybody knows if i should fill out the UC app and just mark UCLA, there is no spot for the drew program, so i am a little concerned.

Members don't see this ad.

According to the MSAR pages for UCLA, "approximately 24 of the 145 students admitted each year have been admitted to the Drew/UCLA Medical Program. This program is designed to attract students whp have an interest in addressing the concerns of underserved populations. Students wuill spend their first two years at the UCLA campus and their second two years at the Drew campus. Interested applicants should contact Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science, 1621 East 120th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90059, or call 323 563 4960."

In this program, 24 students are trained for the first two years at UCLA, then physically in the 3d and 4th years at Charles Drew University/Martin Luther King Hospital. The mission is to identify candidates for admission who have demonstrated that they are committed to working in underserved communities as physicians.

It appears that the UCLA secondary application must be filled out and sent. I suggest that you call the number given above for Drew to find out the details and how you indicate your interest in Drew on the application. Or call UCLA Admissions at 310 825 6081.

If you are at the University of Alaska Fairbanks, you might ask the premedical advisor Lawrence K. Duffy, Chemistry and Biochemistry, PO Box 756160.

Phone: 907 474 7525
FAX: 907 474 5101