UC Berkeley extension classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medshoes

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if med schools allow people to take online UC Berkeley extension post bacc classes? I'm not in the bay area so I can't go in person, but right now they are live online classes. But they also have other upper bio classes that are online only and do at your own pace. Do med schools look down on that? I have a full time job and there aren't that many alternatives in my location.

Members don't see this ad.

Is the program regionally accredited? Also, will the classes show as ‘online’ on your transcript?

The live online courses at UCBX are seen as normal classroom courses just that the method of instruction is via Zoom. I know classmates and peers who have got into med school from UCBX and I am currently doing a DIY post-bacc there.

The program is accredited. And if you take the "Live Online" class it will not show up as online on your transcript. If you take the "Self-paced online" class, it will show online on your transcript.
Hello, just to confirm since I was just accepted into their post bacc program and I plan on doing all "live online" classes since I live 8 hours away. Have you previously taken a live online class and it didn't specify on your transcript that it was taken online? I am concerned with taking them online since there is a negative stigma towards online courses.