UC Berkeley Online Genetics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BuckleyGirl

BuckleyGirl
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken the UC Berkeley online genetics course? I'm almost done with it, and am taking the final in 3 weeks. I'm SUPER nervous about it just because I have NO idea what he's going to focus on. He's really vague...anyone else have this class?

Members don't see this ad.

Ooooh...I'm really interested to hear from people as well. I just recently enrolled but am curious as to how the course goes!

How has it been for you BuckleyGirl?

I know you both took the class a while ago now but I was wondering if anyone had any advise or insight for the final. I too am very nervous about it and don't know what to focus on! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone taken the UC Berkeley online genetics course? I'm almost done with it, and am taking the final in 3 weeks. I'm SUPER nervous about it just because I have NO idea what he's going to focus on. He's really vague...anyone else have this class?

Who is your instructor? I had Earnshaw for online physiology.

I had Earnshaw as well! You wouldn't know how I can check my grades, by chance? I had transcripts sent to the schools directly but never was notified of my grade in the course.

They should have sent you a grade report. I would call them and tell them you never received your grade, and ask them to resend it, since they technically can't give grades over the phone.

On a different note... :p Has anyone taken the UC Berkeley biochemistry course? I'm studying for the final, and having a heck of a time figuring out what needs to be understood in detail... I'm finding that the commentaries are not too specific either. Any one else in the same boat?

I have Earnshaw as well - any advice? What are his questions like? I've read other comments that he focuses on one thing...but I don't know what it is. I appreciate any help!

I took online genetics two summers ago. I don't really remember exactly what the final was like. I think it was mostly short answer and questions with lots of parts to them. I remember being super nervous about it (for the same reasons you describe) but walking out feeling good. It was a lot like the questions that you work on for homework. There were definitely some that I skipped and came back to because I had no idea but I couldn't have done too badly because I came out with an A in the class. I don't know if this is helpful at all...sorry I can't be more specific.

Good luck!

I have Earnshaw as well - any advice? What are his questions like? I've read other comments that he focuses on one thing...but I don't know what it is. I appreciate any help!

The final is all over the place, and even picks out nitpicky details from specific charts in the book. The quizzes and assignments are pretty straightforward. A lot of the quiz questions come straight from the assignments. If you have specific concerns, PM me.