UC DAVIS hold for further consideration Post Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmejia1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I guess they decided that my painful four-month wait before AMCAS verified my application wasn't enough so UC Davis has decided to wait until EVERY SINGLE LAST PERSON interviews at UC Davis before they'll make a decision on my applicaton.

I'm starting to hate the UCs myself. They need to grow some balls and just make a friggin' decision.

So what does this mean though? I imagine this is worse then being placed on the waitlist because if you're placed on the waitlist, you've been deemed fit for a spot. I'm guesing that being placed in the "further consideration" comes from not being able to reject or waitlist the person period.

Members don't see this ad.

i think davis has accepted a small number of people but not put anyone on waitlist yet until they look through those people that are "on hold". i think alot of people are in that boat. they want to put us on hold so that they can compare us to every other applicant before making a decision abotu acceptance or waitlist.
i am dismayed by their decision to do this also. makes me very mad. if other schools can make decisions they why can't davis? hello!!!!!

I received the same email after I interviewed in January. Apparently, they are really behind and have a lot of people to interview up until or through May, so they are putting a lot of people on hold. I personally believe this is better than waitlist because there is a chance for outright acceptance. If you are put on the waitlist, you are usually offered acceptance after others have declined acceptances and a spot opens up. While I would also like to know as soon as possible, I prefer Davis' method to other schools where they reject you or put you on the waitlist. This way they can compare us with each other rather than some desirable numerical profile or standard.

Members don't see this ad :)
I still think being on hold until everyone is done interviewing is worse, and it may be another rendition of an "acceptable pool" like UCSD where everyone that doesn't get an outright acceptance is placed on the list to save the school's ass in case they're turned down by too many students, without much consideration for the student on "hold". They are definelty offering outright acceptances and I haven't heard of anyone with an outright rejection from Davis post interview.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by jmejia1:
•I haven't heard of anyone with an outright rejection from Davis.•••••I have. Also, spoke to Terri and was "reassured" :confused: that the school was definitely rejecting folks outright post-interview. BUT, being "under reconsideration" SUCKS regardless.

Anyone else get put on hold post-interview or get accepted recently?

FOR THOSE THAT HAVE INTERVIEWED AT DAVIS--

my file was complete in november. about 3 weeks ago i learned i had been approved for an interview via telephone, but that i would have to wait to be contacted to schedule my interview. i'm still waiting. i know they are behind, but i grow more concerned as time ticks by. how long did you sit in the "contact for interview stack" before they called you and set up a date.

also, can anyone confirm that they screen for interviews in the following manner:
an adcom member gets 35 apps and comes back w/ 5 that are fit for interview. i heard those rumors but don't know how much truth there is to them. if it's true, it would likely mean that there is no priority system for scheduling interviews. if you're 1 of the 5, you're placed in the contact for interview stack and have to wait until they get to your file, but how long must you wait?

They never called me for an interview. I just got an email that said I'd been granted an interview and to call UCD to set it up. As for how they screen for who gets interviewed, I don't know.