UC-Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdb9

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from UC Davis about complete applications? I've been emailing them for the last two months to verify everything and every time they respond saying they will be emailing everyone in the next couple weeks. I've heard this for about 6 weeks now and I am getting a little worried.

Members don't see this ad.

i've heard nothing from davis, either...

i haven't heard anything from UC Davis either. it would be nice to get a "hello, thanks for your application" etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard anything either. If anybody does hear something, please post so at least we know they're responding.

Has anyone heard from UC Davis about complete applications? I've been emailing them for the last two months to verify everything and every time they respond saying they will be emailing everyone in the next couple weeks. I've heard this for about 6 weeks now and I am getting a little worried.

The lady I spoke to on the phone to ask if they've received my stuff said to call back in a couple of months, that they wouldn't be able to tell me anything until December. But that if I was missing anything, they'd tell me and give me time to replace it.

I'm an undergrad at Davis...they're one of the last schools to let you know anything (according to students I talk to at my VMTH internship). Interviews are generally in February to March, so I'm expecting to hear something in January.

mtrl1

Has anyone heard from UC Davis about complete applications?

I just got a "your application is complete" e-mail. They say interview invites will be out by mid-February, and they'll be conducting interviews late Feb through late March. Oh, they also say the interview invite will come by e-mail.

ditto - weird how the application notices all kind of come at once, but each school takes such a different time line to decide...

What date was listed at the top of the email you received from UC-Davis? Mine was 11/9/06. Not that it matters, just curious as to why it was dated 11/9/06, but sent on 12/8.:)

mine said 11/21

Not good, I still haven't heard anything yet. That can't be a good sign. Maybe the fourth email I send to them will produce something....

What date was listed at the top of the email you received from UC-Davis?
Mine was dated 11/15, actually sent 12/8. Funny. I didn't even notice the discrepancy when I got the message, I just filed it right into the "whew! can stop worrying whether they got my stuff" folder. :)

Oh, and sdb9, I wouldn't sweat it just yet... I suspect that Davis operates on "California Time." I recognize many of the same symptoms that we have here on the Berkeley campus, where there is actually an officially recognized "Berkeley Time". :) If you want to make sure that they just haven't gotten to you yet (rather than them having lost your file or some other horrible thing), you might have better luck calling than e-mailing. But if they're just sending out "file complete" notices right now, then I seriously doubt your not having received one is "not a good sign" in the rejection sense.

I just got an email yesterday. Not sure if my email did it or if it was just luck, but at least it is one last thing to worry about.