UC Financial Aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

Smile'n'Wink MD

So I just got my UC Davis financial aid package and found a really large grant called "Med Professional Fee Grant-MD"...anybody else got one or know what it is? Is it only specific to UC Davis or do other UC's have it?

I'm currently on the waitlist for UCLA (my #1 pick) and am wondering if I'll be offered this same grant if I go there? I would hate to compromise on my #1 if I get accepted based on financial aid.

I noticed that at UCLA, they actually EXPECT parent contribution and factor that into your financial need, so I'm thinking their package won't be as nice as UC Davis.

I'd appreciate any feedback! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Mine is also need based. I think it's huge b/c I was expecting $0. I applied for aid thinking all I'd get were loans. Not sure about the budget thing, but mind package was set.

I was also pleasantly surprised with my UCD package because I wasn't expecting much of anything that wasn't loans. I know UCI calculates in the parental contribution too so it probably would not be as generous if your parents have over a certain income. I do not know about the other UCs.

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you guys get the financial aid packages? I haven't received anything from davis yet, should i call them?

When did you turn in your forms? I submitted mine in March and I got an email from them last week. I also had called and she had said they were getting them out in the order received. I would call if it has been awhile... they seem nice.

GBFKicks said:
How much money in grants do you guys receive in California.... I was just trying to compare it to U of I...

It totally depends on the campus and their method of calculation and the budget cuts are changing everything for next year in an unpredictable fashion.

So, who the hell knows really. I know I'm getting the max. for UCI though.

Eraserhead said:
It totally depends on the campus and their method of calculation and the budget cuts are changing everything for next year in an unpredictable fashion.

So, who the hell knows really. I know I'm getting the max. for UCI though.

Right, but it seems some people have already received their packages.... can the people that have their packages this year or in the past give me some info? thanks

I'll PM you about it. I don't really want to discuss my aid package on this thread with tons of random people.

GBFKicks said:
Right, but it seems some people have already received their packages.... can the people that have their packages this year or in the past give me some info? thanks

If you PM me I can tell you my package specifics. Its going to vary greatly based on your need though.