UC Irvine Class of 2013!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RySerr21

i aint kinda hot Im sauna
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you've been accepted, plan on attending, are considering attending, or are a current student in the Class of 2013 (we all will be after a certain time next year), then this is the place for you!!!! Take the chance to get to konw your future classmates and possible housemates!! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a Cal resident w/ a 33 MCAT. Why wont they invite me to fill-out the secondary!!!!!

AHHHHHH.

Good luck to everyone else!

If you are accepted, please post your GPA, MCAT scores, ECs and college graduated from (or your MDApp profile#)... thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
bump. anyone recently accepted or considering attending?!?!

Hey I just got an acceptance from UCI a week ago; still waiting for other UC results but trying to learn as much as I can in case I get to make a choice sometime down the line.

Hey I just got an acceptance from UCI a week ago; still waiting for other UC results but trying to learn as much as I can in case I get to make a choice sometime down the line.

woo who! Good luck with the rest of the UCs. :thumbup:

One of the current 1st years has started an Irvine c/o 2013 facebook group. There's not much activity there either, but I encourage anyone who has been accepted and is considering UCI to join the group! See you there!

wooo patience to those still waiting!!!

I'm considering the PRIME program at UCI and the UCLA/Drew program...if anyone else is in the same boat...do put up your thoughts...really tough choice right now, loved the people at UCI and the community, but am a fan of the location and different resources at UCLA

wooo patience to those still waiting!!!

I'm considering the PRIME program at UCI and the UCLA/Drew program...if anyone else is in the same boat...do put up your thoughts...really tough choice right now, loved the people at UCI and the community, but am a fan of the location and different resources at UCLA
Welcome, future eaters! :D

I am a 1st year, would be happy to answer any questions

Overall, I am very satisfied with my experience here

hey so what are the best housing options? do the on-campus apartments fill up?

hey so what are the best housing options? do the on-campus apartments fill up?
I think the best option would be VDC or VDC Norte, it's really nice, close to campus, lots of amenities, no families, no kids, and almost no international students.

Housing at UCI has been discussed at length in threads of past classes so you can just do a search.

Members don't see this ad :)
anybody know if we have to do anything after doing the intent to register form/t-shirts?

anybody know if we have to do anything after doing the intent to register form/t-shirts?
I would call the office to make sure they got them, but other than that, chill out

One of the current 1st years has started an Irvine c/o 2013 facebook group. There's not much activity there either, but I encourage anyone who has been accepted and is considering UCI to join the group! See you there!

Here is a link of the facebook group.
What would the MS1s suggest for housing? Personal suggestions preferred: UCI housing or off-campus?

Accepted, and definitely going!

(Well, that is unless for some unknown reason they decide to retract my acceptance. LOL Is it just me, or does it actually seem quite surreal and hard to believe? I think once the orientation/white coat ceremony comes around, I'll finally actually believe it.)

UCI undergrad for four years but figured Id share what I have discovered about housing:

On-campus: VDC norte is newer, but I have heard that they have rodent/pest problems and get atrocious cell phone reception from every major provider. They do have free AC though which impossible to find anywhere else in on campus housing. You WILL live for cheaper if you live in on-campus housing without a doubt, but on-campus stuff is pretty scarce and parking is very not-fun, although they are opening up a new parking structure this fall for housing.

Off-campus: More expensive and further. I highly recommend rancho san joaquin, it is 1.5 miles from the med campus and I bike it every day with no problem. No parking issues, bigger apartments, lower rent. There are other places too, like park ridge, but it is pretty far. If you want to stay close to campus you will be living in very cramped apartments with a parking situation that rivals UCLA. Thats why I think moving further away is better, plus you get exercise.

I definitely won't believe it until the first class. I can hardly believe it.

I definitely won't believe it until the first class. I can hardly believe it.
LOL... I feel you. I keep having to remind myself it'd be ridiculous to think that they would find a reason to un-accept me, but the ridiculous notion keeps hanging around in my head. :oops:

Bump

Anybody know of some kind of formal housing list for medical students?

UCI undergrad for four years but figured Id share what I have discovered about housing:

On-campus: VDC norte is newer, but I have heard that they have rodent/pest problems and get atrocious cell phone reception from every major provider. They do have free AC though which impossible to find anywhere else in on campus housing. You WILL live for cheaper if you live in on-campus housing without a doubt, but on-campus stuff is pretty scarce and parking is very not-fun, although they are opening up a new parking structure this fall for housing.

Off-campus: More expensive and further. I highly recommend rancho san joaquin, it is 1.5 miles from the med campus and I bike it every day with no problem. No parking issues, bigger apartments, lower rent. There are other places too, like park ridge, but it is pretty far. If you want to stay close to campus you will be living in very cramped apartments with a parking situation that rivals UCLA. Thats why I think moving further away is better, plus you get exercise.

Be careful about living on that sign of town - its further. The med school is on the west side of campus near Bison/Macarthur. So you're better off in corona del mar and newport beach.

I have yet to find an apartment complex that beats Park West/ RSJ prices on either side of town (avg 1700 for a 2 bed 2 bath). Both are about the same drive/easy to bike.

I have yet to find an apartment complex that beats Park West/ RSJ prices on either side of town (avg 1700 for a 2 bed 2 bath). Both are about the same drive/easy to bike.

Baywood Apartments in Newport Beach. On the other side of town (non-undergrad side which is nice because you don't have to deal with any loud parties). Just as far as anything on the undergrad side but less traffic getting to school. Actually takes me less time than some of my classmates who lived on the undergrad side. 3 mile straight shot bike ride thats pretty easy.

Park west is pretty crummy. Didn't know a single classmate who liked living there they all left as soon as their lease was up.

Baywood apartments are HUGE. 2bd/2ba goign for a little over 1600 lately, and they're all freshly renovated.

Keep you mind open and I highly recommend avoiding the stuff on the undergrad side of campus unless you really enjoy the college lifestyle.