UC Irvine EM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Emfourlife

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on this program? They seem like a pretty strong, albeit small, program. I've heard mixed things on the interview trail. Some applicants felt like the program was malignant and others felt like they loved it. I feel like am more in the middle, especially since there isn't that much information regarding this program on these forums. Doesn't really get mentioned when people talk about the Cali programs. How would you rank it within California? I heard from some this is a 'lifestyle' EM program, whatever that means. What reputation does it have? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

any thoughts?

how hard is it to find a job in SoCal. Are all the desirable community jobs taken up by Harbor, UCLA, USC, or other strong Cali program graduates?

I'll bite. I have no idea about job prospects but I imagine decent since they're the only Orange County program. I rotated there and the residents are super nice and happy and the attendings are great too. I also really like the new program director. For me, it was a little too community ED for my taste but that's just me.

As far as within cali, I would rank it near UCSD.