UC Irvine program?

Started by BOOURNS
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BOOURNS

Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all, I am an MS3 who will be applying ENT. I am trying to learn about various programs, with the short term intent of scheduling a SubI- Though I am willing to go just about anywheee, I would like to stay in california (preferably southern) and am interested in thoughts/experiences/rumours about the ENT program at UC Irvine. I'm also strongly considering USC. I hear loma linda is a good program, but I am a carnivorous atheist. UCLA and UCSD sound a bit "academic" for me; I want to operate. However everything I know is heresay. I guess I'm looking for some more.

Thoughts?
 
Hello all, I am an MS3 who will be applying ENT. I am trying to learn about various programs, with the short term intent of scheduling a SubI- Though I am willing to go just about anywheee, I would like to stay in california (preferably southern) and am interested in thoughts/experiences/rumours about the ENT program at UC Irvine. I'm also strongly considering USC. I hear loma linda is a good program, but I am a carnivorous atheist. UCLA and UCSD sound a bit "academic" for me; I want to operate. However everything I know is heresay. I guess I'm looking for some more.

Thoughts?

UC Irvine: I interviewed there. Don't remember much. Dr. Crumley (the chair) is a great guy who is very well respected.

Other thoughts: Wouldn't let your religion (or lack thereof) from holding you back from applying to programs at religious institutions. Doubt that they make you attend church if you're training there, but who knows.

If you are looking for a specific location (southern Cal, eg), I would apply to every program in the area and make opinions AFTER you interview at a program, not before.

There are no programs that do not let you operate. The more academic programs just have more research opportunities than the less-academic ones. UCLA and UCSD should both well-prepare you for operative otolaryngology.