Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

UC-Irvine secondary

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by kermitthefrog, Aug 30, 2000.

1. kermitthefrog

kermitthefrog Junior Member

I just checked the UC-Irvine website and it said that I'm going to be sent a secondary. However, it's getting sent to my school address, so it'll take about 2 weeks for it to get forwarded to my home address. Could someone tell me what the questions are on that secondary? Thanks...

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. lilycat

Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    For the most part, the format of the app. is really similar to UCLA and UCD, except for the questions:

1) Describe a relationship you have formed with someone in which both you and the other person have been changed

2) Suppose that you have a background and personal history similar to another applicant. However, when the Admissions Committee reviews your file, they find that you have accomplishments & characteristics that distinguish you from other applicants. What are those?

3) Tell us about a challenge you have overcome and what you learned about yourself from that experience.

4. kermitthefrog

kermitthefrog Junior Member

Thanks for the info. [​IMG] Wow, just when I thought I was through with all the tough questions...

5. lilycat

Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    No kidding. When you put all of the UC questions together (except of course, for UCSF) they make up the hardest application I've come across by far.

6. genieinabottle

genieinabottle Crazy 'bout the Boards

Lilycat, Would you mind sharing the rest of the UC questions? I sent my AMCAS inmid July so I am still waiting on them. Thanks a lot.

7. lilycat

Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    I already emailed them to another member, so if you could give me your email address, that would make it a lot simpler for me -- I could just forward you the entire message.

8. MTY

MTY

if i havent' received the secondary application from some UC'S. does that mean that i'm being rejected already?