UC Post-Bacc Consortium 2015 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jessbky

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
this thread is for those who are currently applying to the UC Post-Bacc consortium program this year 2015.

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone submitted their applications to the UC's?

I will probably end up completing the application at the very last minute. I'm still in the process of collecting letters of rec...
I really hope it won't be too late since the program is rolling admissions :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I will probably end up completing the application at the very last minute. I'm still in the process of collecting letters of rec...
I really hope it won't be too late since the program is rolling admissions :(
I'm also concerned about the rolling admissions. I submitted mine this weekend, but I am not sure if all my letter writers have submitted the LOR's yet. I hope they did. I sent them a reminder just in case. UC Irvine is the one with the final deadline on March 16th. Are you planning to submit there?

I am applying to UCI, UCD, UCSF, and UCR. I really don't know if my letters will be ready by the 16th :(

Hi! I recently decided to apply after receiving an email about the program from UCSF. I am applying to UCSF, UCD, UCR. How do people send their letters or rec? I was planning on using interfolio....I read past forms and it seems like its okay.

I have tried calling and emailing them to ask about sending them via interfolio, but I have gotten no response.

I have tried calling and emailing them to ask about sending them via interfolio, but I have gotten no response.
]
They accept letters sent from Interfolio. I did the same and all my letters were accepted. Make sure you have them sent as soon as possible to make the deadline for UCI if you intend to apply there too. Their deadline is this coming Monday, March 16th. Everything needs to be submitted by then to be considered. I already have everything submitted except for the application since I still have one more essay to complete. sigh. GL to all of us.

Thank god they accept letters sent from Interfolio. One of my professors is writing it from Japan...
Good luck everyone! Hopefully, we all get in! ^_^

Which programs are you guys leaning towards and why?

did you just have them mailed to the address via interfolio?

I am not applying to UCI ;I am only applying to UCD, UCSF, UCR
I am leaning towards UCSF since I am kinda local. I know UCD works on a rolling basis, does UCSF also work on a rolling basis?

Thank god they accept letters sent from Interfolio. One of my professors is writing it from Japan...
Good luck everyone! Hopefully, we all get in! ^_^

Which programs are you guys leaning towards and why?
I am leaning towards UCI and UCSF. UCI is close to home and their program looks very well laid out. UCSF has a great reputation and I heard it has the highest success rate of all the programs, but the cost kinda scares me. But getting into one is hard enough so I'll be glad if any of them accepts me. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Which of these UC postbac's cost the least? Does anyone know?

And when do we hear back from UC Postbacs?

Anyone also applying to med school this cycle?

I'm debating it, because I get the FAP I could apply to 15 MD schools for free. However, I need to retake my MCAT (scheduled for june) and depending on that I may.

I though you ment this upcoming cycle
I did mean this upcoming cycle.

I'm also debating whether to apply for school this year. I'm also retaking the MCAT and have it scheduled for May 22..

how are your stats if u dont mind me asking? my gpa is pretty terrible and my last mcat, but i do have an upward tend on my gpa

how are your stats if u dont mind me asking? my gpa is pretty terrible and my last mcat, but i do have an upward tend on my gpa

3.3 GPA, 25 MCAT, 4 years research, clinical stuff, orgs, etc...usual stuff.
My GPA and MCAT are both terrible too which is why I want to do the postbacc. I'm Guamanian, so I am URM, which is why I am considering applying for med school this upcoming cycle.

So I have finally finished my application and submitted it on time to be considered for UCI. Thank goodness! I borrowed the below format from previous year thread and thought we could use it. Now fingers crossed for interview invites!
Date applied: 3/16/2015
Date verified/received: Pending
Application sent to: UCD, UCSF, UCI, UCR
Interview offer/date: TBD
Acceptance: TBD

Date applied: 3/8/2015
Application sent to: UCD, UCI, UCR

Hopefully it goes well for all of us! :)

Did anyone apply to the UCSD post-bac?

no, ucsd is my undergrad campus and i thought of applying but I've taken most of the classes required by the program. according to my PI whos an adcom the SOM, a group of them select the applicants

I didn't apply to the UCSD postbacc.
UCSD was also my undergrad. I mainly wanted a change of environment, especially since living in SD is incredibly expensive.

Reactions: 1 user
Finally submitted my application! 30min before UCI deadline. Whew!
Date applied: 3/16/2015
Application sent to: UCD, UCI, UCR, UCSF

Date applied: 2/16/2015
Date verified/received: 3/16/2015 "finally marked complete just in time for UCI"
Application sent to: UCD, UCI, UCSF

I've scoured the threads and found that we might not be hearing from schools for a while (late april/may), so let the waiting game begin.

Date applied: 3/10/2015
Date verified/received: 3/20/2015
Application sent to: UCD, UCI, UCR, UCSF

I've scoured the threads and found that we might not be hearing from schools for a while (late april/may), so let the waiting game begin.

Hearing back = interviews or acceptances?

Last edited:
Hearing back = interviews or acceptances?

Timeline is roughly about this:

UCI will let people know earliest about interview dates some time at the end of March or early April (for interviews around early to mid April). And they seem to tell you within a week of your interview date.

UCSF/UCD are around the same time and will let people know of interviews early to mid April (for interviews at the end of April to May). And they also seem to tell you within a week of your interview date.

UCR takes the longest to let people know anything and is later May to June.

**All speculation since I just looked at previous threads about the UC Post-Bacc application cycles and assuming it'll be roughly the same process this year.

UCI will let people know earliest about interview dates some time at the end of March or early April (for interviews around early to mid April). And they seem to tell you within a week of your interview date.

UCSF/UCD are around the same time and will let people know of interviews early to mid April (for interviews at the end of April to May). And they also seem to tell you within a week of your interview date.

**All speculation since I just looked at previous threads about the UC Post-Bacc application cycles and assuming it'll be roughly the same process this year.

Are you currently a student at UCI?

Thank you!

So I just got my last letter of recommendation and it's not exactly what I expected...I have no other choice but to send it because I have no one else that would write it for me that would satisfy the community service requirement... (T^T)

So I just got my last letter of recommendation and it's not exactly what I expected...I have no other choice but to send it because I have no one else that would write it for me that would satisfy the community service requirement... (T^T)

I would say it's better to get a letter written by someone who knows you well and who can write positively about you, even if it doesn't satisfy the community service requirement. better to have a positive letter rather than a potentially neutral or negative letter.

I didn't see on the website that a letter needs to come from your community service experience, but it is suggested. as long as one letter comes from a science professor, it should be okay to have letters from others.

Just heard back from Irvine and got invited to interview! Interviews are set for March 31st, April 2nd, and April 7th!

Reactions: 3 users
If we live more than 4 hours away from the interview school, can we opt for webcam interviews instead?

Just heard back from Irvine and got invited to interview! Interviews are set for March 31st, April 2nd, and April 7th!
Congrats! And are those dates the only days available for interview at UC irvine? Or for other schools as well?

Last edited:
If we live more than 4 hours away from the interview school, can we opt for webcam interviews instead?
I am not sure. It might be option to interview over Skype. at least, that was an option for the UCSD Post-bac program.

Congrats~

Can I ask what your stats are?

Thanks!

By the consortium standards I have cGPA:3.28 BPSM: 3.16.
Haven't taken the MCAT
I work as an ER Tech
Have done a lot of community service
Did research for a summer, never published

Thanks!

By the consortium standards I have cGPA:3.28 BPSM: 3.16.
Haven't taken the MCAT
I work as an ER Tech
Have done a lot of community service
Did research for a summer, never published
Thanks for that! We have similar stats! Hopefully I can get an invite toooo~
My application isn't verified yet tho..

Thanks for that! We have similar stats! Hopefully I can get an invite toooo~
My application isn't verified yet tho..

You know, I'm not sure how it works in detail, but I personally thought we were supposed to have our application COMPLETED by March 16th to be considered for UC Irvine's program. You should check up on that just in case since interviews are happening in a little over a week.