UC Post bac's cycle 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else get accepted to ucsf? Let's start studying for the MCAT

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Congrats! I thought they were sending out acceptances much later on. Did you interview early?

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you :) I interviewed late April.
The program starts June 20 so I believe they're on the final stages in interviewing/sending letters

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else get accepted to ucsf? Let's start studying for the MCAT

I got into UCSF as well and accepted! Look forward to meeting you

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you apply and when did you interview for UCSF?

Submitted application: 2/04/16

Completed: 3/1/16

Applied to: UCD, UCSF, UCI, UCR

Interviews: UCSF interview mid April, UCD interview #1 mid April, never invited for second interview

Acceptance/rejections:

acceptance: UCSF

rejection: UCI (had to email to ask about app status before they bothered to reject me, lol)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 2 users
Just got a call from Lorena at UC Davis as well, got accepted into the A1 track starting June 19th! :soexcited:
Anyone else on here also got accepted to UC Davis? Message me so we can get to know each other and exchange social media information :)

Congrats to everyone who has heard back from schools! I had my Davis in person interview on the 12th and got accepted. For anyone wondering, UC Davis is STILL reviewing applications, so don't lose hope!

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to everyone who has heard back from schools! I had my Davis in person interview on the 12th and got accepted. For anyone wondering, UC Davis is STILL reviewing applications, so don't lose hope!

Did you accept the offer?

Just got a call from Lorena at UC Davis as well, got accepted into the A1 track starting June 19th! :soexcited:
Anyone else on here also got accepted to UC Davis? Message me so we can get to know each other and exchange social media information :)

I am in A2 track

Still?!

Yeah, while we were doing the group interview they mentioned the were still reviewing applications and had one more date scheduled for in person interviews

To those accepted/interviewed at UCD, any of you reapplicants?
Also what is A1 and A2 tracks, I didn't see anything on their website about that.

Members don't see this ad :)
To those accepted/interviewed at UCD, any of you reapplicants?
Also what is A1 and A2 tracks, I didn't see anything on their website about that.
I' m not a reapplicant.
The A1 and A2 track refers to the type of MCAT preparation: summer prep vs year long+summer MCAT prep

Does anyone know when the last week that UCSF is interviewing?

Hey everyone,

I unfortunately didn't choose to apply until about a month before the deadline. Thus, I got everything in on the exact deadline. My application went from active to complete on 5/3/16 and I haven't heard back from any schools. Since a lot of you have gotten accepted to a couple schools already, I'm starting to get very anxious. Anyone in a similar situation?

Does anyone know when the last week that UCSF is interviewing?

I called into UCSF a few weeks ago, and the person informed me that their last day of interviewing is on May 24th. They will inform everyone of their status (acceptance or rejection) around beginning of June.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone,

I unfortunately didn't choose to apply until about a month before the deadline. Thus, I got everything in on the exact deadline. My application went from active to complete on 5/3/16 and I haven't heard back from any schools. Since a lot of you have gotten accepted to a couple schools already, I'm starting to get very anxious. Anyone in a similar situation?

Yeah I'm in the same boat. If the last day of interviews for UCSF is May 24th, then they would have contacted us by now if we made it to the interviews. I'm officially giving up hope :/

Yeah I'm in the same boat. If the last day of interviews for UCSF is May 24th, then they would have contacted us by now if we made it to the interviews. I'm officially giving up hope :/
I'm in riverside so my ideal programs are UCR and UCI. You think there's still hope for those programs?

I'm in riverside so my ideal programs are UCR and UCI. You think there's still hope for those programs?

There might be still hope for UCR because they haven't started interviewing yet. Maybe they'll start in early June? But I think UCI has already sent out letters to all candidates about their status.

That's what I was thinking too. :(

This waiting period is making me so anxious. If they start late June/ July I don't understand why they are waiting til June even now to let us know :/. Is anyone looking into backup plans?

I have a friend that did the post bacc at UCR and she said they all found out in June because the school takes a really long time getting back to people. As long as we haven't heard a "no" that's good news.

Just curious,
Are there any people that applied late and already got no's?

I have a friend that did the post bacc at UCR and she said they all found out in June because the school takes a really long time getting back to people. As long as we haven't heard a "no" that's good news.

Just curious,
Are there any people that applied late and already got no's?
So that's like all of us? lol..

And when you mentioned that she found out in June, was that in regards to the interview requests or like acceptances?

Did you happen to call UCR about the status of the applications ?

I spoke with the program coordinators at UCR and we shouldn't be hearing back from them till about June. So yes, hopefully there is still some hope left there. They haven't even begun to look at the applications yet. :/

Oh wo
I spoke with the program coordinators at UCR and we shouldn't be hearing back from them till about June. So yes, hopefully there is still some hope left there. They haven't even begun to look at the applications yet. :/

Yea that's what my friend said. They didn't even hold interviews until June :/ but at least that still gives us a chance, hopefully !

Please don't mind me but does anyone have plan B/C/D???
I am getting very anxious in this application process already

Hey guys,

Had been following this thread but didn't sign up until now. Got waitlisted to UCI about a month ago, no update since then.. Anyone else in the same boat?

Please don't mind me but does anyone have plan B/C/D???
I am getting very anxious in this application process already

I've been applying to post baccalaureate programs of private universities. If you want to stay with the UC schools Berkeley has a program as well. I am pretty sure they are on a rolling admission, so it's best that you wait to hear back before you spend $100 for your application fee.

Thanks for the responses regarding UCR! :)

Is there anyone who has applied to the program twice and got in the second time?

Did anybody else receive an email from UCSF but with someone else's name? :bored:

same- what does it mean? I got an "email recall" too- so are we not rejected? lol

Tbh, I'm expecting another rejection email. I think their mix up was just including another person's name as well as our own, since they claimed an error in their merger program that sends out the emails.

Tbh, I'm expecting another rejection email. I think their mix up was just including another person's name as well as our own, since they claimed an error in their merger program that sends out the emails.
Agreed. Now we're just getting rejected twice

Agreed. Now we're just getting rejected twice
Really unprofessional from UCSF. Not only did they include another person's private information, getting rejected TWICE only adds insult to the injury.

Reactions: 5 users
Just got another email from them, making it three total. The fourth will be another rejection for sure lol. Wow.

I didn't receive an email. Does that mean that someone might have gotten my rejection email??

Really unprofessional from UCSF. Not only did they include another person's private information, getting rejected TWICE only adds insult to the injury.
Definitely. Especially because in the follow up email they state "we apologize for any extra anxiety this may have caused" or something along those lines. Yet, they are only adding more anxiety by having us wait for yet another rejection

I got the same email from UCSF :/ I believe they will send me another rejection.... bummed haven't heard from any other program .. last hope is UCR.

i got 5 rejections from them lol