-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UC San Diego
Started by Seles3
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
would you please tell your gpa and pcat score? thank you so much and good luck on your interviwe...
Overall GPA after Fall Semester: 3.71
Science GPA after Fall Semester: 3.75
Didn't take the pcat...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also got an interview
Science GPA: 3.92
Non-Science: 3.65
Overall: 3.74
Science GPA: 3.92
Non-Science: 3.65
Overall: 3.74
Sarapary
Don't worry about GPA. I got an interview!!
Science GPA: 3.33
Overall GPA: 3.41
Don't worry about GPA. I got an interview!!
Science GPA: 3.33
Overall GPA: 3.41
I just got a letter from UCSD! I have an interview on 2/12/06 at 8:00AM(ew)...
This is my top choice....yay
I'm totally scared. I have the very first interview date @8am

oh congrats guys!!
Just a question, is there any thing on the letter about confirming your appt. and how long do they give you to do that?
I'm not in my apartment right now and I was wondering if I should bother making the 1.5 hour drive back sometime after christmas, I just really don't want to go there and get nothing but junk mail and dissapointment 😳
Just a question, is there any thing on the letter about confirming your appt. and how long do they give you to do that?
I'm not in my apartment right now and I was wondering if I should bother making the 1.5 hour drive back sometime after christmas, I just really don't want to go there and get nothing but junk mail and dissapointment 😳
Congrats to everyone who got invited! 🙂
Would anyone know how many applicants get invited for an interview at UCSD and if all the invitations get sent out in Dec.? When do the rejection letters usually go out?
thanks.
Would anyone know how many applicants get invited for an interview at UCSD and if all the invitations get sent out in Dec.? When do the rejection letters usually go out?
thanks.
Congrats to everyone who got invited! 🙂
Would anyone know how many applicants get invited for an interview at UCSD and if all the invitations get sent out in Dec.? When do the rejection letters usually go out?
thanks.
according to http://pharmacy.ucsd.edu/admissions.shtml
216 interviews were given last year for the class of 2010....... for a class of 25 students =(
To those of you who received an interview at UCSD, I was just wondering if you guys are students with 4 years of undergraduate study with B.A./B.S. degree or transferring sophomore students finished with pre-required courses for UCSD.
sorry, the website is incorrect - the class size starting from 2009 and onwards is 60 students. the number interviewed is correct, and i believe it will be about the same for this cycle also.according to http://pharmacy.ucsd.edu/admissions.shtml
216 interviews were given last year for the class of 2010....... for a class of 25 students =(
just fyi, the class of 2010 is actually 58, and the class of 2011 will be 62 (but those 2 extra spots are already promised to those 2 students who had to drop out of the class of 2010 for extenuating circumstances). so you will be interviewing for one of 60 spots.
also, i believe interviews are assigned on the basis of your last name (at least, that's how it was done last year).
feel free to pm me if you have specific questions about ucsd (i'm class of 2010 and am hoping to be a student interviewer for this cycle).
good luck everyone!
sorry, the website is incorrect - the class size starting from 2009 and onwards is 60 students. the number interviewed is correct, and i believe it will be about the same for this cycle also.
just fyi, the class of 2010 is actually 58, and the class of 2011 will be 62 (but those 2 extra spots are already promised to those 2 students who had to drop out of the class of 2010 for extenuating circumstances). so you will be interviewing for one of 60 spots.
also, i believe interviews are assigned on the basis of your last name (at least, that's how it was done last year).
feel free to pm me if you have specific questions about ucsd (i'm class of 2010 and am hoping to be a student interviewer for this cycle).
good luck everyone!
thanks for the updated info ! hope i'll see you soon =)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thanks for the updated info ! hope i'll see you soon =)
just got mine today, 2/10 at 8 AM, the day after my UCSF interview. man, shoulda applied earlier so i have some interview practices.
UCSD just cashed my check yesterday, which I sent on Halloween. Hopefully that is a good sign. I was starting to panic more than my usual panic attacks because others on this site had there checks cashed a month ago. This statement is obviously not entirely relevant to the thread but please feel free to read anyway.
Yes, thank you UCSD got the invite for Jan 27th today !!!!!!!!
I got an interview invite for Feb. 10, and I can't believe I got an interview because I didn't send my secondary application to them. How is this possible? Well, I am still accepting the interview though.
By the way, I am going to get BS from CSUF in June of 07.
My mail was dated Dec. 20
By the way, I am going to get BS from CSUF in June of 07.
My mail was dated Dec. 20
I just got my interview invitation today (12/22). I live in LA.
BascerPharm4, I'm going to get my BS from UCLA in June 2007.
PolarBear, My mail was dated on Dec 20. The confirmation of Scheduled Interview need to be mailed in or faxed in by Jan 12. My interview is on Feb 12.
BascerPharm4, I'm going to get my BS from UCLA in June 2007.
PolarBear, My mail was dated on Dec 20. The confirmation of Scheduled Interview need to be mailed in or faxed in by Jan 12. My interview is on Feb 12.
Does UCSD have a supplemental and a supplemental fee? I just received an interview invite and didn't turn anything in except for designating it as a school on pharmcas. I wonder if my interview invite is a mistake. Oh wells, I already got accepted to Western.
Does UCSD have a supplemental and a supplemental fee? I just received an interview invite and didn't turn anything in except for designating it as a school on pharmcas. I wonder if my interview invite is a mistake. Oh wells, I already got accepted to Western.
They have a supplemental application and a supplemental fee...
how weird
Does UCSD have a supplemental and a supplemental fee? I just received an interview invite and didn't turn anything in except for designating it as a school on pharmcas. I wonder if my interview invite is a mistake. Oh wells, I already got accepted to Western.
wow... really.... thats very interesting .. maybe i shouldnt have turned in a supplemental either =) heheh
I got an interview invite for Feb. 10, and I can't believe I got an interview because I didn't send my secondary application to them. How is this possible? Well, I am still accepting the interview though.
This is absurd! If somebody doesn't tell UCSD not to send interview invitations to folks who didn't even complete the application, I will on Tuesday. Because of this, how does any of us who completed the application know if our invitation is legitimate, or some kind of mistake. Preposterous!
This is absurd! If somebody doesn't tell UCSD not to send interview invitations to folks who didn't even complete the application, I will on Tuesday. Because of this, how does any of us who completed the application know if our invitation is legitimate, or some kind of mistake. Preposterous!
Ya, if I don't get an interview, I'd feel pretty dumb to have been rejected over someone who didn't even complete the application process and pay the fee 😛
Ya, if I don't get an interview, I'd feel pretty dumb to have been rejected over someone who didn't even complete the application process and pay the fee 😛
Same here.. 🙄
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
that is really weird. i'd really like to know the results of what you find out. also, if you'd like the email address to the assistant dean of academic affairs (who is in charge of applications) to email him directly, pm me.This is absurd! If somebody doesn't tell UCSD not to send interview invitations to folks who didn't even complete the application, I will on Tuesday. Because of this, how does any of us who completed the application know if our invitation is legitimate, or some kind of mistake. Preposterous!
congrats to everyone who got an interview! if you were curious, the number of applications this year was 1260 (210 more than last year) with around 260-270 interview invites sent out for this cycle.
Regarding the mystery interview invites, according to UCSD it turns out 16 were sent by accident and the affected individuals will be emailed. Those who submitted completed applications and were invited for interview received legitimate invites. Whew! Hope those folks who considered just showing up and hoping nobody noticed didn't buy any non-refundable plane tickets yet.
I'm also in the Bay Area and my interview is on the same date and time. I would be willing to car pool. Let me know.
My interview is Jan 27, 8am.
I live in Bay Area, and I wonder if I can find a companion b/c I have never been there before.
I'm also in the Bay Area and my interview is on the same date and time. I would be willing to car pool. Let me know.
Regarding the mystery interview invites, according to UCSD it turns out 16 were sent by accident and the affected individuals will be emailed. Those who submitted completed applications and were invited for interview received legitimate invites. Whew! Hope those folks who considered just showing up and hoping nobody noticed didn't buy any non-refundable plane tickets yet.
Here's more info. I just spoke with the admissions committee about this situation:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=352827
Surprisingly, I was able to get an interview at UCSD 🙂 and yes, I did complete my supplemental application (haha). I just received the letter today, although it was postmarked on the 20th, because my letter was open and damaged in the process of mailing and USPS had to re-envelope it 😛.
I guess I was pleasantly surprised because I am out-of-state, their average GPA is one of the highest and the number of students accepted is one of the lowest, thus I wasn't expecting anything from them. But if you're there on 2/10 at 8am, I'll see you there!
I guess I was pleasantly surprised because I am out-of-state, their average GPA is one of the highest and the number of students accepted is one of the lowest, thus I wasn't expecting anything from them. But if you're there on 2/10 at 8am, I'll see you there!
Did anyone get the email from UCSD, that the year was wrong? I got the email, so i am assuming that i have been invited. I am home for the holidays, and have not had anyone check my mail. I sent an email today,but not sure if i will hear back from them through email. How long do we have to accept the interview? I saw that some people are interviewing at the end of this month. Thanks and congrats to everyone!
I had to mail a form by January 12th to confirm my interview on January 27th.
Yep, I got that email, so it must mean that you were invited. I also have to confirm by 1/12, but you are allowed to send it to them by fax. If you don't check your mail by then, have someone check your mail or maybe they will fax it to you. It's actually a pretty generic form. Congrats!
going to ucsd interview was the biggest waste of my time. Unless you're perfect, you will not get in. The interviewers will grill you and they are not nice at all. Only 60 people get accepted. Good luck to those who get in but for those less than perfect, same your money and time.
going to ucsd interview was the biggest waste of my time. Unless you're perfect, you will not get in. The interviewers will grill you and they are not nice at all. Only 60 people get accepted. Good luck to those who get in but for those less than perfect, same your money and time.
According to the feedback forum, the interviewers at UCSD are supposed to be really nice.
i ahd an interview at UCSD last year. IMO, the interviewers were really nice. they really tried to get to know the applicant. there was no grilling or anything that would make us nervous. UCSD is definitely the way to go!!! awesome environment with awesome staff!!!
for those of u with interviews for sd,
when did u have to confirm by? i think i got an interview because i got that email about the wrong date. i never received the actual letter because i think it was mailed to my other address. i called sd but the lady said to wait another week and if i dont get it to call her back... but isnt the confirmation date soon??? thanks
when did u have to confirm by? i think i got an interview because i got that email about the wrong date. i never received the actual letter because i think it was mailed to my other address. i called sd but the lady said to wait another week and if i dont get it to call her back... but isnt the confirmation date soon??? thanks
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I faxed the confirmation to them 2 weeks ago.
Will they send a confirmation back?
I am so confused.....
I haven't received a confirmation from them either, but I saved the fax delivery confirmation paper as proof that I faxed it to them just in case.
I haven't received a confirmation from them either, but I saved the fax delivery confirmation paper as proof that I faxed it to them just in case.
Thanks for your response. I should have saved fax delivery confirmation.
Seems like they didn't send out confirmation email saying they have already received our confirmation paper. I will email them and find out.
I faxed it one night last week and i followed through with a phone call today. How many scheduled for Feb 12?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K
- Replies
- 7
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 5K
- Replies
- 17
- Views
- 9K
