UC Secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bruinkid

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Which uc schools have sent out secondaries already? The only one I have is UCSD so far.
Please post!

Members don't see this ad.

LA and SF have sent out secondaries

Members don't see this ad :)
a copy of the uc 2aries or the essay ?s are on my website for all uc's

| |
\/ \/

hey people , can you list your stats if you have recieved a UC app , and your residency.. i wasnt to get an idea if i am way out of my league ? I also sent my uc app way ahead of time but i have not heard from them at all??

Since I'm an out-of-stater, I only applied to UCLA and UCSF. I don't believe UCLA actually prefers Cali residents over non-Cali, so I think they use the same standards for everyone. I got theirs about a week ago - I have no idea what the cutoff is but my stats are above average.

As far as UCSF is concerned, I haven't received one yet. I'm pretty sure the only people who have received secondaries thus far from UCSF are CA residents. Can anyone debunk this?

Originally posted by Rapid Decomposition
Since I'm an out-of-stater, I only applied to UCLA and UCSF. I don't believe UCLA actually prefers Cali residents over non-Cali, so I think they use the same standards for everyone. I got theirs about a week ago - I have no idea what the cutoff is but my stats are above average.

As far as UCSF is concerned, I haven't received one yet. I'm pretty sure the only people who have received secondaries thus far from UCSF are CA residents. Can anyone debunk this?

UCLA does give preference to in-state residents, just not as much as UCSD, UCI, and UCD. LA and SF both have about 15-20% of their classes made up of non Cali residents. As far as the secondary disbursement at UCSF, they give them as they review them. State residency factors in the intitial screen, along with gpa, mcat, extracurrics, leadership, and the personal statement. They don't send out secondaries only to Cali residents first. It is just a little more difficult for out of state applicants to get a secondary.

just got a ucdavis secondary this weekend

Originally posted by calipaww
hey people , can you list your stats if you have recieved a UC app , and your residency.. i wasnt to get an idea if i am way out of my league ? I also sent my uc app way ahead of time but i have not heard from them at all??

Well, I guess I'll go first. Just received a secondary from UCLA on the 28th of August (Still working on the last question).

California Resident
Undergrad: UCLA (Physiological Science & History)
Sci GPA: 3.23
Non GPA: 3.23
Overall: 3.23
26 - MCAT

Graduate: CSULA, MS - Biology
GPA: 3.84
Thesis on Type II Diabetes

Special Education Teacher for a local Middle School.
Own my own business
Research for 1 year.

Anyhow, I mention my ECs because as you can see UCLA doesn't look just at grades or mcats.

Hope that helps those who may be discouraged by the 4.0/40+MCAT Premeds out there.

I got just SD and UCI so far.