UCBSO acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got my call at like 3pm ish from Dr. Van Sluyters. 370AA/TS with 3.8ish GPA and my last name starts with W. Yea I got the 3K incentive award thing but don't know much about it either. Maybe it was based on stats?

Members don't see this ad.

To anyone who interviewed at Berkeley- has anyone gotten an acceptance call yet?
Good luck everyone!

I wonder how many people got accepted from out of state (especially from CANADA)? Congratulation to everyone got accepted!

I wonder how many people got accepted from out of state (especially from CANADA)? Congratulation to everyone got accepted!

I got my call about an hour ago!

I'm out of state, 390 TS / 380 AA, 3.72 BCP GPA, and last name starts with E.

I got the extra scholarship too - they said it was for "strong applicants", but I think I've read or heard at some point it's for the top 30 applicants by whatever system they rank people.

Hoping to see some more calls posted on here soon too :) Congrats to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my phone call a couple of hours ago. Can't wait to get to know you all!! So excited, so happy!!

Out of State, 320 TS/ 360 AA, 3.4 GPA

Got my acceptance call from Dr. Corzine today. Hope you all get good news soon too!!

WOO! Got a call from Sharon about an hour ago! and got a little extra cash to boot! congrats everyone!!

I guess schools don't really care about diversity... What I was one of eight white males who got an interview and I don't get in? I am very liberal and honestly don't think that I deserve anything handed to me but seriously I work hard and had a
3.3 gpa from ucsb and a 360 OAT. I thought my interview went well, I am a nice guy, this is just messed up, I guess ucb really does like non- Caucasian females... Which made up at least 90 percent of interviewies. I guess I am just really bummed and this is dumb!

Did you get a bad e-mail? Maybe they are not done calling people, it seems like last year it took them a few days to get through all of the calls.

Yeah, I did... If you haven't gotten an e-mail yet that is probably a good thing... I assume you have been accpted or have gotten wait-listed! Either way if you haven't got a rejection e-mail it is probably a good sign.

Yeah, I did... If you haven't gotten an e-mail yet that is probably a good thing... I assume you have been accpted or have gotten wait-listed! Either way if you haven't got a rejection e-mail it is probably a good sign.

Sorry Optomhopeful. I'm sure you got accepted to other schools and that you'll have great success there.

Hey Optomhopeful- maybe you should call them and ask what happened? I probably wood; in any case they offered to go through the application with anyone who feels like they should've been accepted. I would want some answers, especially after everything extra they make us do. Also, I agree with Koko: it sounds like you'll be a great asset to the program you do attend- best of luck.

On an entirely separate note, I have to speak to the diversity comment. I am an american indian and white female with a degree in literature. Needles to say, I think Berk cares at least a little about diversity.

So where else did you apply/get in?

I got my call at around 4:30pm PST on Friday, having a heart attack.

BCP GPA 3.4, overall GPA 3.7, and OAT 350AA / 330TS

And I'm from Canada! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
got a call around 10:45am on 3/2! :)

are they still making phone calls?

Anybody receive there letter in the mail yet?

Does anyone know when we will get our letters (containing further instructions for deposits, replies etc.) in the mail after receiving an acceptance call?

Last edited:
I believe Dr. Corzine said 1-2 weeks from the day they sent the final transcripts. I think they sent the transcripts to the graduate division on Monday.

I believe Dr. Corzine said 1-2 weeks from the day they sent the final transcripts. I think they sent the transcripts to the graduate division on Monday.

Yea I think I remember Dr. Corzine saying about 2 weeks from when the calls were being made, so hopefully toward the end of this week or early next week.

Also, I spoke with one of the first years who said that we would likely be receiving the roommate survey in the mail soon as well. I think she said they compile that list in time for Admit Day so people can mingle with anyone they might want to live with!

Anyone on here that had a deposit at SCCO that is now going to attend Berkeley instead? I'm wondering how many people are going to do the "Berkeley flight" as they say at SCCO....

Anyone on here that had a deposit at SCCO that is now going to attend Berkeley instead? I'm wondering how many people are going to do the "Berkeley flight" as they say at SCCO....

I am, but not until the official letter arrives from Berkeley. That's because the acceptance calls were only saying they are recommending us for admission to the grad program. The grad division still has the final okay, and those letters should arrive this week. I'm not expecting any problems, but I'd rather be safe than sorry ;)

I am, but not until the official letter arrives from Berkeley. That's because the acceptance calls were only saying they are recommending us for admission to the grad program. The grad division still has the final okay, and those letters should arrive this week. I'm not expecting any problems, but I'd rather be safe than sorry ;)

With you on that one. I want to see it in writing.

Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you know that I got an e-mail saying that the Grad Division has approved our acceptances and our official letters should be coming out in the mail next Monday! Yahoo!

Everyone going to Admit Day? :)