UCBSO Decisions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

helloitsmeagain

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering how UCB reveals their acceptances? I know in years past (by looking through old SDN threads), they've called the applicants whom they've accepted, and emailed those who were not accepted. However, at this years interview, during the introduction presentation they said to keep an eye out on your email, and nothing about phones. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about how they reveal their decisions to everyone, and if they changed it for this year.

In addition, UCB said that they will reveal their decisions late February to early March, but they also said mid-February near the end of the interview day. I was wondering when UCB typically announces their decisions, based on previous cycles?

Thanks in advance, and I hope you have a wonderful day.

Members don't see this ad.

I have no new information but it sounds like UCB already told you their plan. This can be exciting and nerve-wracking but gotta be patient.

Hi,

Last year they definitely called the students they made an offer of admission to.
Edit: Hope you all got calls!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck guys!!! Are they only calling those who got admitted? Will they be sending out any emails?

Hi,

They call admitted students, I believe, and email those not offered admission once they're done making calls.

Calls should take 1-2 days.

One of my friends got her call yesterday!

Well that's silly, they said at interview day we would all know at the same time. o_O

So I'm guessing day 2 of calling is finished ._.
I'm right there with ya! Hoping they keep calling through tomorrow and the weekend, I guess the good news is we didn't get rejection emails yet! So don't lose hope!!

From what I have heard they send out rejection emails, so if you haven't gotten one of those yet don't lose hope! On one of the old threads on here it took Berkeley staff about a week to make all the calls (they have around 70 ppl to call).

Last edited:
From what I have heard they send out rejection emails, so if you haven't gotten one of those yet don't lose hope! On one of the old threads on here it took Berkeley staff a couple weeks to make all the calls (they have around 70 ppl to call).
Have you gotten a call?