UCD 2nd round offers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aks47

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Just wondering if any of you are in the same boat that I'm in. I got rejected at RCSI and TCD, but I still haven't heard anything from UCD yet. Does anyone know if UCD sent out their 2nd round of offers yet?

Is it safe to assume that people who have not yet received an acceptance or rejection are on the wait list?

Thanks for your help.

Good luck.

Members don't see this ad.

not sure if this helps you but when i applied in 2003, i had my applications etc in by jan 15 (i know this is later than a lot of people)...i didn't get my acceptance til june 23rd, so it's quite possible you will still hear something positive...hang in there

Didn't hear anything from UCD during the first round (did get a Trinity rejection). AB said there's still hope.

Members don't see this ad :)
is it true that those who have applied for the 5-yr GEP have a better chance of getting bumped off the waitlist as compared to those (like myself) who've applied for the 6-yr programme ?? i'm guessing it's because those that applied to 5-yr GEP have more options and also probably got acceptances from n.american universities, and would therefore remove their spot at UCD...

(please say it isn't so! :( )

I'm in the same boat.
Got my rejection from Trinity. Still waiting for UCD and UCC. It would be nice if we recieved a letter or email explaining what is going on. Dont know if I'm waitlisted, rejected or what. Seems like alot of people are waiting, so I dont know if thats a good thing.
Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

I'm in the same boat too...Haven't heard...from UCD..I hear that 2nd Rounds are over on the 15th?..If i'm not mistaken!??!....

Badkarma25, did you send in your application after the deadline? or was Jan 15 your deadline?

hey all,

just to clarify my application timeline...

i decided to apply on new years day 2003...sent in the minimum by january 15th (ie the money, and application form). i sent the rest of my documents in by february 15th, which included some/all of my transcripts, letters of reference, and personal statement, financial letter etc. so everything of mine was in by february 15th. this is later than a lot of people i realize, some people in my class had their stuff in by november and were informed of their acceptance in march.

anyway so i sent of all that in. got rejected from trinity the first week of april, got rejected from the 5 year program at RCSI (by this point i found out how much the tuition was and learned more about the school and didn'tw ant to go there anyway), they offered me a spot in the 6 year at that time. i never heard a word from cork, neither an acceptance or rejection, and i never heard a peep from ucd until i got an email from atlantic bridge on june 23rd....

I had my application in by the november deadline and still haven't heard a word from any of the three schools I applied to (UCD, TCD, UCC). I suppose this means I'm wait-listed? The wait is killing me!

Bump

NOpe, I'm hoping sometime next week...

no news here either...i'm hoping for sometime next week too - i think canadian offers come out on may 15th so maybe some of those people will withdraw from their places in the irish schools...maaaaybe.... :)

oh and just out of curiosity, what does it mean when you say "bump"? I'm a newbie...

Hey All, I just sent an email to ABP giving up my spot at UCD......I hope one of you get it!! Best of luck! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Jamesmtl said:
Hey All, I just sent an email to ABP giving up my spot at UCD......I hope one of you get it!! Best of luck! :luck:

Thanks for letting us know :) Does anyone have any idea how many spots are available for those of us on the waiting list at UCD? Thanks!

Did anyone get in for the 2nd Round Offer?..It is May 15th.

i sumbitted my AB application literally at the end of January and got my rejections from Trinity and RCSI both on the same day sometime in april. i did not apply to UCC and still have had no word from UCD. I was thinking that since my rejections for the other schools came the same day..that it could be a good sign that i haven't heard from ucd...then again, i was gone for a week and hopefully i did not miss something in the mail!

For those of you who did the Fed-Ex Option, Did all your packages arrive around 8:30am? or does that vary for everyone?...

i'm in dublin at the moment on holidays. today i went to have a look around UCD, and while i was there i thought i'd go (politely) bother the people in the admissions office. apparently they are still in the process of developing their "reserve list", so once they're finished that (and I got the impression it would be relatively soon) they'll notify the people who aren't on it. unfortunately they couldn't give me any idea how long the waiting list was, i suppose because they haven't decided on it yet. I also went into trinity and the girl in the admissions office told me the waiting list there was probably somewhere in the region of 30 people (i was happy to hear that as I hadn't had a clue how long it was and thought it might be more like 100 people).

good luck to everyone :)

misspiggy28 said:
i'm in dublin at the moment on holidays. today i went to have a look around UCD, and while i was there i thought i'd go (politely) bother the people in the admissions office. apparently they are still in the process of developing their "reserve list", so once they're finished that (and I got the impression it would be relatively soon) they'll notify the people who aren't on it. unfortunately they couldn't give me any idea how long the waiting list was, i suppose because they haven't decided on it yet. I also went into trinity and the girl in the admissions office told me the waiting list there was probably somewhere in the region of 30 people (i was happy to hear that as I hadn't had a clue how long it was and thought it might be more like 100 people).

good luck to everyone :)

What were your thoughts of the campus?

Jocks said:
What were your thoughts of the campus?

hey, I'm visiting Dublin now and I go to UCD quite a lot cos I have some friends there. The campus is pretty large...and the health sciences building is situated on one end, while merville, roebuck hall and castle and glenomena are on the other so it's quite a walk esp if you're late for class (about 10-15 min walk). Belgrove is the nearest but I heard that merville's a relatively nicer place to stay. Beware the prepaid electricity system in merville..very very irritating. and if you're unlucky enough to get allocated to certain parts of merville = no UCD wifi access for you! Also...if you're the eating out type, the nearest food outlets out of campus are in Donnybrook (20-30min walk)...don't depend on eating dinner on campus cos there isn't any hot food after 7pm. That said, there are quite a number of places to eat or have a cup of coffee on campus during the day.

in one of the threads badkarma25 mentioned that one of the cons on staying on campus is the bus service..he/she is totally right..it's so frustrating to have a bus service that ends at like 11.30pm ..any later than that and you'll have to take a taxi back from wherever you're having fun at (which is almost 100% nowhere near Belfield..). another thing...I find it a bit weird that UCD exams are not held on campus...mostly in Blackrock or RDS in Ballsbridge and you have to take a bus to get to those places. Also..the medical library is in Earlsfort terrace; the Belfield library doesn't house the medical books, so you've got to go all the way to the city just to borrow the books you want. They can be returned in belfield itself though.

Well life on campus here seems pretty fun to me esp if you're living in the residences. glenomena is quiter than merville and belgrove and has a "stiffer" atmosphere i think..but I guess that's good in a way because M and B can get quite noisy at night sometimes (drunks screaming and shouting, wrecking the street lamps which btw happened last week in Merville). the irish students just love having parties every night (almost) and everyone is really friendly.if you're into sports (except swimming), you won't be disappointed.there's always something on...a gig in the student bar, movie screening, conference, karaoke session, ball, picket(!), etc. cheers!

hey misspiggy is that waiting list at UCD for 5-yrs or 6-yrs or both?? non-EU or EU or both?? or no specifics whatsoever??

uhhh...how is UCD's campus...aesthetically? lol

Jocks said:
uhhh...how is UCD's campus...aesthetically? lol

No quad - linear arrangement. Mostly 60's Soviet style buildings. Looks as though it was built to withstand a nuclear attack. Riot proof.

uh. not TOO impressive. mostly 60s-70s style buildings. the only new buildings that you'll prolly be using are conway, health sciences and daedalus (computer labs).has a large pond in the middle of it all. home to ducks and two swans whose eggs have just hatched. lotsa fields. nothing much, really.

arcticmonkeys said:
hey misspiggy is that waiting list at UCD for 5-yrs or 6-yrs or both?? non-EU or EU or both?? or no specifics whatsoever??

i'm actually not totally sure...but i'm 5-yr non-EU and I assume since that's what they told me (after I gave them my name) it would at least apply to all those in the same boat. They didn't really volunteer any specifics about it, probably because the list is still being formulated. I would imagine there are separate waiting lists for each of the categories but I could be wrong. sorry i can't be more of a help!

"I got the impression it would be relatively soon"

LOL...From what I've heard from people who are currently studying in Ireland (and everyone else), the Irish don't understand the word "soon." They take things as leisurely as possible...lol...Maybe they are doing it on purpose just to aggitate all of us.

O well, as of right now, still no word from UCD. Has anybody emailed ABP regarding UCD? I was thinking of doing that, but was wondering if someone already beat me to it. If so, what did they say.

Any help (or hope) would be greatly appreciated.

Good luck.

Aks47

Since I was getting a little frustrated I ended up calling ABP last week and was told that I was put on reserve since the acceptances and rejections have already been mailed out. He also mentioned that it is still quite early in the season to expect a reply from them if on reserve. Well I'm getting a little impatient and tired of waiting. I just hope we hear something soon.

I got like exactly the same response as sharife18, when I called them too.

Thanks for all the help.

Much appreciated.

v-man said:
I got like exactly the same response as sharife18, when I called them too.

How did you know spesifically that you had not be rejected? Was it because you have not gotten a letter as of now?
thnx