• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

kcmphk

10+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi everyone!

Anyone have any thoughts about UCD vs. RCSI (GEP programs)? Does one school tend to match more students to their residency choices in North America or have higher USMLE pass rates? Does anyone think one school is better than the other?

Thanks! :)

Doctor Doogie

10+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
RCSI is certainly better than UCD, but also very much expensive I've heard.

In terms of who gets in more students to residency, it really does not depend on the college, its your USMLE scores that matter.

DD

leorl

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2001
messymedic.blogspot.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
RCSI is better supported in terms of study time for the USMLE, staff support for students taking the USMLE, and electives. However, $$$$$$$$$$$. Go to the match thread to see how people did. I'm not sure if postings are up from UCD, but there were quite a few happy RCSI people.

About the Ads

dchaos

10+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2007
Ireland
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
RCSI is certainly better than UCD, but also very much expensive I've heard.

In terms of who gets in more students to residency, it really does not depend on the college, its your USMLE scores that matter.

DD
I agree with this - a decent USMLE score, coupled with elective(s) in the place(s) you want to Match is the Winning Formula. From this year forward, all RCSI students will have access to Kaplan QBank and extra USMLE classes if they apply for the Steps; I do not know if that will be the case in UCD.

Of note, while both schools have taken graduate students for a good number of years, this September is UCD's first shot at a GEP program, so it is completely untested. This is RCSI's third class intake, but it too has not graduated any students yet.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.