UCF Class of 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I recently accepted my spot in the University of Central Florida DPT program for class of 2016. Anyone else planning on attending UCF as well?? :]

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats!

Would you mind sharing your stats, as well as how the interview process went with some of us potential applicants?

Thanks in advance!

Maybe we should start a Facebook page....

About the interview process, there have been numerous posts about the UCF interview in this forum, just type it in on Google and you will find them.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's awesome, congratulations!!!

I am anxiously waiting for my interview at UCF on Jan. 11th. I hope I get in!! :)

I also recently accepted my spot for UCF class of 2016! :)

GPA: 3.59
GRE: 303, analytical 4.0
hours: 310 (four settings)
interviewed: Dec. 14
accepted: Dec. 18

*082807...I would love to share some contact information soon, because I'm dying to meet some future classmates!

Woohoo! UCF DPT Class of 2016!

Can't wait to get started!

Congratulation!!!! I just got a call today for an interview, mine is Feb 8, kind of scared since its so late, but Im glad I got one!

I also got invited for an interview today! I'm kind of scared too, but nonetheless, it's a chance! Only thing I'm worried about is out-of-state tuition (from NC - tuition per year for out of staters is approx. 60K)

Congratulation!!!! I just got a call today for an interview, mine is Feb 8, kind of scared since its so late, but Im glad I got one!

Good luck on your interview! They have made it clear that the date of your interview doesn't really effect your chances of getting in, so don't worry about that. The interview itself really isn't too bad at all, and they do their best to make everyone as relaxed and comfortable as possible (considering the stressful nature of the interview). Maybe we will be future classmates!

I also got invited for an interview today! I'm kind of scared too, but nonetheless, it's a chance! Only thing I'm worried about is out-of-state tuition (from NC - tuition per year for out of staters is approx. 60K)
I have a few people in my class from out of state. The way they are getting in-state tuition is by working for the school as a grad assistant. They just help teachers with research and other little random things they need help with. They get paid, plus they get in state tuition. Not a bad deal! I'm not sure if they use grad assistants at UCF but it might be worth looking into for you out-of-staters.

I have a few people in my class from out of state. The way they are getting in-state tuition is by working for the school as a grad assistant. They just help teachers with research and other little random things they need help with. They get paid, plus they get in state tuition. Not a bad deal! I'm not sure if they use grad assistants at UCF but it might be worth looking into for you out-of-staters.

Wow, that's awesome. I'll definitely ask about that at my interview! Thank you so much for sharing that information!!

Hi! I also accepted a spot in UCF's class of 2016. I am really excited for May!

Good luck on your interview! They have made it clear that the date of your interview doesn't really effect your chances of getting in, so don't worry about that. The interview itself really isn't too bad at all, and they do their best to make everyone as relaxed and comfortable as possible (considering the stressful nature of the interview). Maybe we will be future classmates!

Thats definitely good to know!.... Im trying to prepare myself for the interview, UCF is my first choice so that doesn't help me stay calm either, would you mind sharing what the interview was like? Hopefully we will be classmates!

Members don't see this ad :)
The interview is pretty laid back. First each faculty introduced themselves and then you will be in either groups of 2 or 3, I was in a group of 2. The two (or three) of you will go to your first interview with 2 faculty and a current student. Then you will meet back in the main room, and go for another interview with 2 different faculty and a different current student.
I thought that the questions were pretty straightforward....questions like why ucf over other schools, how did your experiences in the setting make you want to pursue PT, why PT over other similar careers, what would you do if you were not accepted....then in my second interview there were more questions like, what makes a good teacher, what makes a good student, what can you bring to the group, etc.

Then there is a short essay, just a scenario situation and what would you do kind of thing.

Know about what's going on in the news, PT related, healthcare related and around the world as well. I was asked a question about world news...and another group was asked specifically a question on the healthcare situation and they didn't know the answer.....

I've also accepted the spot at UCF, congrats to everyone else who also got in, and good luck to the rest of you!

The interview is pretty laid back. First each faculty introduced themselves and then you will be in either groups of 2 or 3, I was in a group of 2. The two (or three) of you will go to your first interview with 2 faculty and a current student. Then you will meet back in the main room, and go for another interview with 2 different faculty and a different current student.
I thought that the questions were pretty straightforward....questions like why ucf over other schools, how did your experiences in the setting make you want to pursue PT, why PT over other similar careers, what would you do if you were not accepted....then in my second interview there were more questions like, what makes a good teacher, what makes a good student, what can you bring to the group, etc.

Then there is a short essay, just a scenario situation and what would you do kind of thing.

Know about what's going on in the news, PT related, healthcare related and around the world as well. I was asked a question about world news...and another group was asked specifically a question on the healthcare situation and they didn't know the answer.....

I've also accepted the spot at UCF, congrats to everyone else who also got in, and good luck to the rest of you!

Thanks for the insight and Congratulations on being accepted!

I had a 3.55 GPA, and probably a 3.4 pre req GPA. 120 hours mostly in inpatient and outpatient, and 3 hrs in a pediatric setting. I was an Anatomy Lab Volunteer TA for 2 semesters, member of UPTA, 20 hours shadowing an orthopedic surgeon, and I work at the Rec Center. I also had a GREAT interview, I think that was what really sealed the deal for me

I had a 3.55 GPA, and probably a 3.4 pre req GPA. 120 hours mostly in inpatient and outpatient, and 3 hrs in a pediatric setting. I was an Anatomy Lab Volunteer TA for 2 semesters, member of UPTA, 20 hours shadowing an orthopedic surgeon, and I work at the Rec Center. I also had a GREAT interview, I think that was what really sealed the deal for me

How long after your interview did you find out you got in?

I got a call 3 days later. only a few people get accepted that early after each interview though. the final decisions for everyone else are a week or two after the last interview date though.

Does anyone know when the last interview date is? I interviewed on December 14 and still haven't heard anything back!

The last interview was last Friday (2/8) so we should hear back next week!

Has anyone heard yet? I had my interview on the 8th and they said we'd be receiving calls/letters the following week, but I haven't gotten either and I'm absolutely dying!

Same. I interviewed on the 8th and haven't heard anything yet.

I received the call from Samantha last Thursday (Valentine's Day!!) saying that I am in!
I have accepted and will 100% be attending in May! Those of you who have already accepted, I just joined the facebook group!
I can't wait to meet everyone soon!

Stats:
College: Florida Institute of Technology
Major: Pre-professional Biology (3.34 GPA)
Minor: Psychology (4.0 GPA)
Graduate: M.S. Science Education (4.0 GPA)
GRE: 161 Q, 148 V, 4.5 W
Observation hours: 130
Extra: Currently a high school science teacher (2 years), Varsity softball and cheerleading at Florida Tech, Pre-med vice president, Tri-Beta member
I also had great LORs and a great interview!

I'm sooooo excited!:biglove:

I got a call today saying I'm in too! So excited!!

I've been waitlisted... does any one know how the tier system works, or how many candidates are in each tier?

I've been accepted to UCF and was waitlisted at USF (which is my number 1). Is there a facebook page for UCF class of 2016 yet?

Yes there is! It's called ucf dpt class of 2016

I interviewed on Feb 8 and still havent heard anything yet :/ ... my status still says no decision... anyone else have this?? I see that people have already found out if they've gotten in or have been placed on the waitlist

I know they've just gone and made another round of phone calls to people on their first tier that's waitlisted. They have till next friday to make a decision and then the next round of people get a call. good luck

I would kill to know how many candidates are in each tier. -_-

I know they've just gone and made another round of phone calls to people on their first tier that's waitlisted. They have till next friday to make a decision and then the next round of people get a call. good luck

Have they said how many spots are still available?

Yes there is a Facebook page, did you accept your seat at UCF?

I accepted my seat and was in the first tier of waitlisted students

Yes, but not what what rank or how many are in each tier. -_-