-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UCF Class of 2016
Started by 082807
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Maybe we should start a Facebook page....
About the interview process, there have been numerous posts about the UCF interview in this forum, just type it in on Google and you will find them.
About the interview process, there have been numerous posts about the UCF interview in this forum, just type it in on Google and you will find them.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also recently accepted my spot for UCF class of 2016! 🙂
GPA: 3.59
GRE: 303, analytical 4.0
hours: 310 (four settings)
interviewed: Dec. 14
accepted: Dec. 18
*082807...I would love to share some contact information soon, because I'm dying to meet some future classmates!
GPA: 3.59
GRE: 303, analytical 4.0
hours: 310 (four settings)
interviewed: Dec. 14
accepted: Dec. 18
*082807...I would love to share some contact information soon, because I'm dying to meet some future classmates!
Congratulation!!!! I just got a call today for an interview, mine is Feb 8, kind of scared since its so late, but Im glad I got one!
Congratulation!!!! I just got a call today for an interview, mine is Feb 8, kind of scared since its so late, but Im glad I got one!
Good luck on your interview! They have made it clear that the date of your interview doesn't really effect your chances of getting in, so don't worry about that. The interview itself really isn't too bad at all, and they do their best to make everyone as relaxed and comfortable as possible (considering the stressful nature of the interview). Maybe we will be future classmates!
I have a few people in my class from out of state. The way they are getting in-state tuition is by working for the school as a grad assistant. They just help teachers with research and other little random things they need help with. They get paid, plus they get in state tuition. Not a bad deal! I'm not sure if they use grad assistants at UCF but it might be worth looking into for you out-of-staters.I also got invited for an interview today! I'm kind of scared too, but nonetheless, it's a chance! Only thing I'm worried about is out-of-state tuition (from NC - tuition per year for out of staters is approx. 60K)
I have a few people in my class from out of state. The way they are getting in-state tuition is by working for the school as a grad assistant. They just help teachers with research and other little random things they need help with. They get paid, plus they get in state tuition. Not a bad deal! I'm not sure if they use grad assistants at UCF but it might be worth looking into for you out-of-staters.
Wow, that's awesome. I'll definitely ask about that at my interview! Thank you so much for sharing that information!!
Good luck on your interview! They have made it clear that the date of your interview doesn't really effect your chances of getting in, so don't worry about that. The interview itself really isn't too bad at all, and they do their best to make everyone as relaxed and comfortable as possible (considering the stressful nature of the interview). Maybe we will be future classmates!
Thats definitely good to know!.... Im trying to prepare myself for the interview, UCF is my first choice so that doesn't help me stay calm either, would you mind sharing what the interview was like? Hopefully we will be classmates!
The interview is pretty laid back. First each faculty introduced themselves and then you will be in either groups of 2 or 3, I was in a group of 2. The two (or three) of you will go to your first interview with 2 faculty and a current student. Then you will meet back in the main room, and go for another interview with 2 different faculty and a different current student.
I thought that the questions were pretty straightforward....questions like why ucf over other schools, how did your experiences in the setting make you want to pursue PT, why PT over other similar careers, what would you do if you were not accepted....then in my second interview there were more questions like, what makes a good teacher, what makes a good student, what can you bring to the group, etc.
Then there is a short essay, just a scenario situation and what would you do kind of thing.
Know about what's going on in the news, PT related, healthcare related and around the world as well. I was asked a question about world news...and another group was asked specifically a question on the healthcare situation and they didn't know the answer.....
I've also accepted the spot at UCF, congrats to everyone else who also got in, and good luck to the rest of you!
I thought that the questions were pretty straightforward....questions like why ucf over other schools, how did your experiences in the setting make you want to pursue PT, why PT over other similar careers, what would you do if you were not accepted....then in my second interview there were more questions like, what makes a good teacher, what makes a good student, what can you bring to the group, etc.
Then there is a short essay, just a scenario situation and what would you do kind of thing.
Know about what's going on in the news, PT related, healthcare related and around the world as well. I was asked a question about world news...and another group was asked specifically a question on the healthcare situation and they didn't know the answer.....
I've also accepted the spot at UCF, congrats to everyone else who also got in, and good luck to the rest of you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The interview is pretty laid back. First each faculty introduced themselves and then you will be in either groups of 2 or 3, I was in a group of 2. The two (or three) of you will go to your first interview with 2 faculty and a current student. Then you will meet back in the main room, and go for another interview with 2 different faculty and a different current student.
I thought that the questions were pretty straightforward....questions like why ucf over other schools, how did your experiences in the setting make you want to pursue PT, why PT over other similar careers, what would you do if you were not accepted....then in my second interview there were more questions like, what makes a good teacher, what makes a good student, what can you bring to the group, etc.
Then there is a short essay, just a scenario situation and what would you do kind of thing.
Know about what's going on in the news, PT related, healthcare related and around the world as well. I was asked a question about world news...and another group was asked specifically a question on the healthcare situation and they didn't know the answer.....
I've also accepted the spot at UCF, congrats to everyone else who also got in, and good luck to the rest of you!
Thanks for the insight and Congratulations on being accepted!
I had a 3.55 GPA, and probably a 3.4 pre req GPA. 120 hours mostly in inpatient and outpatient, and 3 hrs in a pediatric setting. I was an Anatomy Lab Volunteer TA for 2 semesters, member of UPTA, 20 hours shadowing an orthopedic surgeon, and I work at the Rec Center. I also had a GREAT interview, I think that was what really sealed the deal for me
I had a 3.55 GPA, and probably a 3.4 pre req GPA. 120 hours mostly in inpatient and outpatient, and 3 hrs in a pediatric setting. I was an Anatomy Lab Volunteer TA for 2 semesters, member of UPTA, 20 hours shadowing an orthopedic surgeon, and I work at the Rec Center. I also had a GREAT interview, I think that was what really sealed the deal for me
How long after your interview did you find out you got in?
I got a call 3 days later. only a few people get accepted that early after each interview though. the final decisions for everyone else are a week or two after the last interview date though.
I received the call from Samantha last Thursday (Valentine's Day!!) saying that I am in!
I have accepted and will 100% be attending in May! Those of you who have already accepted, I just joined the facebook group!
I can't wait to meet everyone soon!
Stats:
College: Florida Institute of Technology
Major: Pre-professional Biology (3.34 GPA)
Minor: Psychology (4.0 GPA)
Graduate: M.S. Science Education (4.0 GPA)
GRE: 161 Q, 148 V, 4.5 W
Observation hours: 130
Extra: Currently a high school science teacher (2 years), Varsity softball and cheerleading at Florida Tech, Pre-med vice president, Tri-Beta member
I also had great LORs and a great interview!
I'm sooooo excited!
I have accepted and will 100% be attending in May! Those of you who have already accepted, I just joined the facebook group!
I can't wait to meet everyone soon!
Stats:
College: Florida Institute of Technology
Major: Pre-professional Biology (3.34 GPA)
Minor: Psychology (4.0 GPA)
Graduate: M.S. Science Education (4.0 GPA)
GRE: 161 Q, 148 V, 4.5 W
Observation hours: 130
Extra: Currently a high school science teacher (2 years), Varsity softball and cheerleading at Florida Tech, Pre-med vice president, Tri-Beta member
I also had great LORs and a great interview!
I'm sooooo excited!

I interviewed on Feb 8 and still havent heard anything yet :/ ... my status still says no decision... anyone else have this?? I see that people have already found out if they've gotten in or have been placed on the waitlist
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know they've just gone and made another round of phone calls to people on their first tier that's waitlisted. They have till next friday to make a decision and then the next round of people get a call. good luck
Have they said how many spots are still available?
Yes there is a Facebook page, did you accept your seat at UCF?
I havent heard back from UCF yet :/
How do you know which tier you are in? Do they reveal this?