UCF vs UF

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

walkaht

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So.. Something happened that I wasn't expecting. I got into University of Florida today. I have already been accepted into UCF's program, and I have heard really good things about it, but I figured before I burn a bridge by rejected UF, I should make sure I am making the right decision. Does anyone have any thoughts about about UF's program in comparison to UCF's? Or possibly some Physical Therapists out there that have found that certain students are more competent? Anything helps! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I went to UF undergrad so I'm biased towards UF. My last rotation was at Shands rehab hospital. Their DPT is strong with neuro and orthopedics. Great health system with Shands and their athletics program is top notch, huge state of the art sports medicine building with PT, ATC, orthopedists collaborating. I haven't had much interaction with UCF PTs or students. You should be good with either choice but if you don't have ties to Orlando and costs being similar then I'll say UF.

I went to UF undergrad so I'm biased towards UF. My last rotation was at Shands rehab hospital. Their DPT is strong with neuro and orthopedics. Great health system with Shands and their athletics program is top notch, huge state of the art sports medicine building with PT, ATC, orthopedists collaborating. I haven't had much interaction with UCF PTs or students. You should be good with either choice but if you don't have ties to Orlando and costs being similar then I'll say UF.

I really appreciate your input! I just got back from the DPT open house at UF. This weekend didn't go at all as expected. I was 100% for UCF, and didnt really think UF was the place for me for several reasons, but after this weekend I am conflicted. When did you graduate from the UF DPT program? Do you mind if I ask you some questions? Thank you!