1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

UCI extension...easy access?

Discussion in 'Postbaccalaureate Programs' started by sendwich, Apr 22, 2004.

1. sendwich

sendwich you rock!
    10+ Year Member

I'm thinking about taking upper div science courses through this school (not through a formal postbac). i finished my prereqs but need to take at least a year's worth of courses to make up for my less-than-par past.

has anyone done this? DIY at UCI? how accessible are the classes? if you've taken more than 8 units (as they currently allow), how easy was it for you to get petitioned in?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Persistence101

Persistence101 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey, I did a DIY postbac at UCI. It was pretty easy to petition for more than 8 units. The hardest part was having to wait until the end of the 2nd week of the quarter to get our classes signed by the department. However, I got most of the classes...some classes will seem full at first but students drop but popular classes will be full from the beginning and stay that way. I had a good experience though. Good luck.

4. savvysearch

savvysearch Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

How much are the units over at UCI?

5. sendwich

sendwich you rock!
    10+ Year Member

"Currently the fees for an undergraduate course (upper and lower division are all the same cost) is $117.00 per unit with the first unit costing, $247.00. Please be aware that some courses do cost more than the unit based fees. "

quoting ACCESS UCI Coordinator.

so 1 4-unit class costs $598. :eek:

6. savvysearch

savvysearch Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

what classes are they offering at UCi extension?

7. Persistence101

Persistence101 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

You can actually take any undergraduate course as long as the class is not full, has prereq for that course, and signature from the department.