UCI extension...easy access?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sendwich

you rock!
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about taking upper div science courses through this school (not through a formal postbac). i finished my prereqs but need to take at least a year's worth of courses to make up for my less-than-par past.

has anyone done this? DIY at UCI? how accessible are the classes? if you've taken more than 8 units (as they currently allow), how easy was it for you to get petitioned in?

Members don't see this ad.

gh said:
I'm thinking about taking upper div science courses through this school (not through a formal postbac). i finished my prereqs but need to take at least a year's worth of courses to make up for my less-than-par past.

has anyone done this? DIY at UCI? how accessible are the classes? if you've taken more than 8 units (as they currently allow), how easy was it for you to get petitioned in?

Hey, I did a DIY postbac at UCI. It was pretty easy to petition for more than 8 units. The hardest part was having to wait until the end of the 2nd week of the quarter to get our classes signed by the department. However, I got most of the classes...some classes will seem full at first but students drop but popular classes will be full from the beginning and stay that way. I had a good experience though. Good luck.

How much are the units over at UCI?

Members don't see this ad :)
"Currently the fees for an undergraduate course (upper and lower division are all the same cost) is $117.00 per unit with the first unit costing, $247.00. Please be aware that some courses do cost more than the unit based fees. "

quoting ACCESS UCI Coordinator.

so 1 4-unit class costs $598. :eek:

what classes are they offering at UCi extension?

savvysearch said:
what classes are they offering at UCi extension?

You can actually take any undergraduate course as long as the class is not full, has prereq for that course, and signature from the department.