UCI Interview

Started by EBTG
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

EBTG

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received an itinerary which has me scheduled for eight 30 minute interviews, 2 with faculty (PD and Associate PD) and 6 with residents (all 4 PGY classes are represented). Has anyone else received a similar itinerary? I'm just curious if screening is this rigorous for everyone. I realize this could also depend on availability of residents, and that this is a good opportunity to hear from all classes, but I am curious nonetheless. I appreciate your thoughts.
 
I received a similar itinerary but with a different program. I know that all the other applicants that day had as many interviews, so I don't think it is a "screening" process. I just think some programs like to expose you to a good number of residents. I gave feedback at the end of the day that I thought there were too many interviews, especially with residents. Most programs I have been to have had 4-6 interviews with only one resident.

Bottom line: relax, they don't have doubts about you. They are probably just trying to give you the opportunity to talk to as many residents as you can.