UCI: on hold for interview....any hope?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

liljennieturkey

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
got their secondary at the end of jan, complete by mid-feb. they just finished reviewing my app this week and my interview status now says "on hold". any hope this late in the game???

Members don't see this ad.

There is no hope whatsoever.

That is a tough call for a secondary so late. They interview twice a month until April I think. Their next interview is tomorrow. It may just be as slickness has said...:(

Members don't see this ad :)
Well there's always next year I suppose...but to get an interview off the hold list at this point seems almost impossible.

Originally posted by liljennieturkey
got their secondary at the end of jan, complete by mid-feb. they just finished reviewing my app this week and my interview status now says "on hold". any hope this late in the game???

no fair - i'm still pending review!! i'm convinced they lost my file.

not that i have any hope. i just find it ridiculous. first my letters of rec are not delivered by ups. i don't find that out til 1 month later, b/c the ups site says they were signed by someone named sandoval. i have them sent again. ups again fails to deliver to the correct address. this time they end up in laguna niguel. i have my letters faxed. my status page does not show them complete til jan 20th! jan 20th! and so i am still pending review.

ok sorry for ranting. but it's just ridiculous.

Last interview date of the year is March 17th, so if you don't hear from the admissions office by the end of the week, I'd not keep hope up. Sorry to hear about getting shutout from UCI, hopefully you had luck elsewhere.

I turned down their invite for interview. Hope this will free up some space for those still waiting. Good Luck :horns:

Originally posted by spaz
no fair - i'm still pending review!! i'm convinced they lost my file.

not that i have any hope. i just find it ridiculous. first my letters of rec are not delivered by ups. i don't find that out til 1 month later, b/c the ups site says they were signed by someone named sandoval. i have them sent again. ups again fails to deliver to the correct address. this time they end up in laguna niguel. i have my letters faxed. my status page does not show them complete til jan 20th! jan 20th! and so i am still pending review.

ok sorry for ranting. but it's just ridiculous.

OH MY GOD!! i just got an interview invite tonight (message received at 6:46 pm)!! only yesterday i was "pending review".

now i have to take back everything i said about their admissions office. :p

thank the legend....;)

im on preinterview hold. theres no way im getting off it.

What does it mean to be on a "hold?" (e.g.: pre-interview hold)

Originally posted by BerkeleyPremed
What does it mean to be on a "hold?" (e.g.: pre-interview hold)

it means they dont want to reject you just yet, but it also means they dont want to interview you just yet either since they feel there are other applicants they want to interview first.

once they get through those people and there are interview slots left, then they go to the people on preinterview hold.

Spoke to Gayle (director of admissions) on Friday. She said that there are only 10 slots left for interviews. Those on hold for interview will be/are being re-evaluated.

Originally posted by liljennieturkey
Spoke to Gayle (director of admissions) on Friday. She said that there are only 10 slots left for interviews. Those on hold for interview will be/are being re-evaluated.
Really? I'm curious how many people are on pre-interview holds. I am and I know a lot of people are on SDN so the number may be large. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the same boat as most everyone. I've been on hold for ages now, since October. I'm pretty certain now that what they're holding is my rejection letter

Originally posted by jlee9531
thank the legend....;)

im on preinterview hold. theres no way im getting off it.

Maybe UCI is like...we'll just call up UCLA and ask them to accept JLee instead...we should save the spot for someone else! ;)

I'm simply ecstatic that my UCI preinterview rejection is coming pretty soon. Finally, the end is near.

I feel honored to be rejected by UCI.:clap:

Originally posted by CalBeE
Maybe UCI is like...we'll just call up UCLA and ask them to accept JLee instead...we should save the spot for someone else! ;)

hey if thats the case....go anteaters!!

spaz,

i just got my interview invite too....congrats on it!

If it gives you any hope, I just got off hold 2 weeks ago (when I thought they would never take me off hold). UCI set up my interview for just a week later. I had 2 options for my interview date--one was the date I chose and the other was 3/15, so I know for sure they're interviewing on the 15th, not just the 17th. AND when I talked to Gayle on my interview day just this past week, she told me that they are still interviewing for acceptances, not for waitlist spots. So you can still be taken off "hold"....at least you haven't been rejected, so that's a positive sign.

Originally posted by Mr Reddly
To those with interviews pending... congrats
beerchug.gif

I wish you better luck than me. (post interview waitlists suck)

Don't give up hope, red! There's tons of waitlist movement to be had! Try to call and see where you are on the list. Try a LOIntent, if you are set on Irvine!!

alreadyindebt, do they actually tell you where you are on the alternate list?? gayle said not to expect mvmt until some time after May.

For those of you that just got interview invites, did your status page change on the same day? Is there any snail mail exchange re interviews or is it all over e-mail? I ask because I never received the secondary via e-mail...the only reason I knew they had sent one to me was a change in my status page.

Originally posted by docmemi
alreadyindebt, do they actually tell you where you are on the alternate list?? gayle said not to expect mvmt until some time after May.

I don't know, but it's worth a chance to call and ask, right?

Originally posted by lilgecko
For those of you that just got interview invites, did your status page change on the same day? Is there any snail mail exchange re interviews or is it all over e-mail? I ask because I never received the secondary via e-mail...the only reason I knew they had sent one to me was a change in my status page.

my status page must have changed the same day. the day before it still said "pending review". when i got the email the next day, i checked my status and it said invited for interview 3/15/04.

Pixye - congrats and good luck!

i think i'm more shocked than anything, b/c of all the trouble my application seemed to be going through. i felt like the gods had decided uci wasn't for me, what with all the LOR mishaps.

GOOD LUCK GUYS!! There is still time to get an invite!! You have a whole week!!