Quantcast

UCI students that picked UCI over UCSD

Achieve USMLE Step PREP Success | Picmonic
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mediocre

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
preface: I'm not a UCI or UCSD student, but one of my friends faced the same decision...

UCSD is quite a bit more hard core, requiring all students to do research. And I've heard that they're rather unkind in their dean's letter when you apply for residency. But hey, you're in San Diego...

UCI is more laid back, and their residents seem pretty happy, so it makes for a much nicer working environment once you're on your rotations.

E

Eraserhead

which did your friend choose. i think i'm still going to both revisit weekends. its tough.

mediocre

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
she ended up choosing UCI.

Reasons: less hard core, but also close to home and her boyfriend. So, I guess she had some other circumstances as well, but UCSD isn't to far away from O.C. so it was more than just family/friends.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.