Quantcast

UCI students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
What do you think are the strenghts of your school/ med school program?

Thanks for your input.

yaoming

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what are your reasons for knowing? are you going for an interview?

i can give you more info if u like later, after my test at 8am.

florence02

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there. I'm curious about UCI too. I'm wondering what your opinions are of the school with respect to your fellow classmates, lifestyle in Irvine, quality of classes, clinical training, and whatever else you feel like telling me about the school. Also, do the students match well at competitive residencies within CA and throughout the US for residencies? I heard during my interview there that students performed very well on the boards. that's always good to hear... :)
Thanks in advance for your time and input.

merci.

Gauss

Damnit Jim!
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by florence02
Hi there. I'm curious about UCI too. I'm wondering what your opinions are of the school with respect to your fellow classmates, lifestyle in Irvine, quality of classes, clinical training, and whatever else you feel like telling me about the school. Also, do the students match well at competitive residencies within CA and throughout the US for residencies? I heard during my interview there that students performed very well on the boards. that's always good to hear... :)
Thanks in advance for your time and input.

merci.

Look - I'll be blunt STAY IN CA. You'll have a hell of a time getting back if you leave and you'll regret it. All US medical schools match students well for residency - maybe not all students, or into THE BEST specialty; but that's more up to you than the school. Anyone with **** for brains can pass the boards (pass not ace) so don't worry about it. Quality of classes??? It's not like you have a choice in which classes to take! pre-clinical year profs are mostly PhD's and you shouldn't bother with any of them unless you're going into clinical research.

I gave up a slot at UCI for Univ Chicago 3 years ago and regret it.

Bounty

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
any more thoughts on UCI?