UCI, UCLA or UC Davis Post-Bac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCSB2004

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone applying to the UC Irvine, UCLA (RAP) or UC Davis Re-Applicant/Post-Baccalaureate programs? Have you heard anything from the schools yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to the UCSF, UCD, and UCI programs. I have yet to hear from any of the three. Hopefully an interview notice should appear pretty soon.

When did you turn in your apps?

I sent all the applications about 1.5 months ago. UC Davis told me that I should be hearing from them this week (whether I get an interview or get rejected). Let me know if you hear from any of the schools... and GOOD LUCK!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi I applied to the UCLA RAP program. I have an phone interview on May 19th. I am a little nervous. Has anyone had the interview yet? Also does anyone know how the program is linked to the medical school? Are the RAP students given some sort of preference?

If anyone needs help, let me know. I completed the UC Davis postbac program a couple of years ago. Good luck! :luck:

lareina882 said:
Hi I applied to the UCLA RAP program. I have an phone interview on May 19th. I am a little nervous. Has anyone had the interview yet? Also does anyone know how the program is linked to the medical school? Are the RAP students given some sort of preference?
hey reina I'm a RAP graduate and on my way to Western U for med school. Several of my RAP peeps on my year got into some top programs, UCSF, UCLA, Oregon U, etc. It's a good program, but the structure of it can use a little improvement. If you want to go to a really good program, in terms of structure, class-time, counseling, etc, try UCI's. It's really good. The only drawback with UCI's is that they don't guarantee you anything. I even heard that some UCI post bacs didn't even get a secondary last year...amazing! At least at UCLA they guarantee you an interview if you complete everything that they ask from you. To be honest with you, wherever you go, as long as you do your best, you will get the most out of it. If you have any other questions pm me, take care.

Dr. DOn

Dr. Don said:
At least at UCLA they guarantee you an interview if you complete everything that they ask from you.
Dr. DOn

Only ten students get into the RAP program, right? How many RAP students were accepted into UCLA school of medicine?

coffeeluver said:
Only ten students get into the RAP program, right? How many RAP students were accepted into UCLA school of medicine?

varies, because not all apply at the same time, some people have to wait a year or two to improve as a candidate and then apply. Let me just say this. Out of all 9 of us (8 premed, 1 predent) 8 of us have gotten into med school/dental school and the 9th one is applying this upcoming year and I have no doubt that he'll get in. Good luck.

Dr. Don said:
varies, because not all apply at the same time, some people have to wait a year or two to improve as a candidate and then apply. Let me just say this. Out of all 9 of us (8 premed, 1 predent) 8 of us have gotten into med school/dental school and the 9th one is applying this upcoming year and I have no doubt that he'll get in. Good luck.

just found out another one of my RAP classmates got in to UCLA....it's definitely possible! Good luck everyone!

Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

voltron77 said:
If anyone needs help, let me know. I completed the UC Davis postbac program a couple of years ago. Good luck! :luck:

Voltron:

Did you take the classes through the UCD extension or apply to a specific post-bac pgm?

BatDog