UCLA Alternate Vs. Waitlistee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FrEEkOut

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know about the difference between being an "alternate" vs. "waitlist" on UCLA. Apparently there is a difference (one has priority over the other). Which is which?

Members don't see this ad.

did you ever get anymore information on this?

i'm interested in finding out as well.

Yes, thank you for the reply. I actually called the school and they said that waitlistees have priority overy alternates. Waitlistees are the people who interviewed earlier on but for some reason did not get in right away, and became waitlistees. Alternates interview later on in the process.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, thank you for the reply. I actually called the school and they said that waitlistees have priority overy alternates. Waitlistees are the people who interviewed earlier on but for some reason did not get in right away, and became waitlistees. Alternates interview later on in the process.

congrats :) now you can stop freaking out :laugh:
see you in september!

when did you get accepted?

when did you get accepted?

I got accepted this week. Completely unexpected too, I never even got a "ranking" or anything. Noemi called me and she was like, "you're in". I was like :) :p :eek: :cool: :D :love: :laugh: :smuggrin: ??!!!???

i hope i share the same fate as you. I would love to go to UCLA... :love: