papillapower42
New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UCLA School of Dentistry over the last few years has been rapidly losing money, faculty, and prestige.
Attached below you can see a bombshell email that was sent today by Dr. Camargo who has worked extremely hard for UCLA. Although there are some who may not like him, everyone respects his work ethic and dedication. He cites a multitude of concerns he brought up to senior leadership and how he was ultimately removed from his Associate Dean position because of it. He and the clinic director have been replaced by a retired dentist who graduated in 1966.
Although the information about the deterioration of the school has been kept in small circles, I think it's important for pre-dental students to know what they are signing up for. I wish I knew what I was signing up for. I personally think the dental school is barreling towards a shutdown under the leadership of Dean Krebsbach and Associate Dean of Finance Dorothy Tu. Many of the faculty I admired have left or are leaving and state that it was because of horrible working conditions. If faculty aren't being respected at UCLA, how do you think they treat the students? Unfortunately, at UCLA in my experience, they care more about looking good than being good. If we spread awareness, my hope is that we start to see positive change.
Attached below you can see a bombshell email that was sent today by Dr. Camargo who has worked extremely hard for UCLA. Although there are some who may not like him, everyone respects his work ethic and dedication. He cites a multitude of concerns he brought up to senior leadership and how he was ultimately removed from his Associate Dean position because of it. He and the clinic director have been replaced by a retired dentist who graduated in 1966.
Although the information about the deterioration of the school has been kept in small circles, I think it's important for pre-dental students to know what they are signing up for. I wish I knew what I was signing up for. I personally think the dental school is barreling towards a shutdown under the leadership of Dean Krebsbach and Associate Dean of Finance Dorothy Tu. Many of the faculty I admired have left or are leaving and state that it was because of horrible working conditions. If faculty aren't being respected at UCLA, how do you think they treat the students? Unfortunately, at UCLA in my experience, they care more about looking good than being good. If we spread awareness, my hope is that we start to see positive change.
Last edited: