UCLA/Drew MD Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gard2013

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the statistics on average MCAT/GPA for UCLA/Drew acceptances?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm curious about this as well since they don't have a separate section in the MSAR. Also wondering what the stats are the UCLA Prime... Since aparently they're all lumped together?

well according the MSAR the 10 percentile for UCLA is 3.41 gpa and 28 MCAT. And since the the program is only 24 students and last year UCLA let in around that number of blacks I would assume its around those numbers.. But if you don't live in cali I wouldn't apply there.....

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS can still apply- obviously the class is small so chances are low, but I have two friends from TX who are currently finishing their 3rd years

i want to apply here. their website says 1700 apps for the program and 24 get in :boom: this process is so competitive, sometimes i wish i fell in love with another career.

i want to apply here. their website says 1700 apps for the program and 24 get in :boom: this process is so competitive, sometimes i wish i fell in love with another career.

I think they meant 1700 for UCLA and not the Charles drew program specifically

I think they meant 1700 for UCLA and not the Charles drew program specifically
No he is right because UCLA has 7,000+ applications so 1700 must be just for ucla/drew.

Reactions: 1 user
Can we make this the official DREW 2014-2015 thread?? I cant find it on the school specific anywhere

They never give drew its own thread.

I applied and interviewed last year. It's a great program but the way in which they do the admissions process is way less organized than other schools and quite frustrating.

When I left the country in June they still wouldn't tell me I had been rejected haha they said they don't send out final rejection letters til July -_○. Also the secondary has to be sent in the mail with a money order and there is little correspondence or updates after the interview process.

I loved all of the ppl there and the program is super legit and has VERY competitive people being accepted to it. Many of the students who enroll at drew have multiple acceptances to good schools so do not think it's a push over by any means.

Also fit is huge. If you don't have experience in urban health or social disparities (clinical, volunteering, working) then you may be wasting your time/money with it.

Reactions: 2 users
They never give drew its own thread.

I applied and interviewed last year. It's a great program but the way in which they do the admissions process is way less organized than other schools and quite frustrating.

When I left the country in June they still wouldn't tell me I had been rejected haha they said they don't send out final rejection letters til July -_○. Also the secondary has to be sent in the mail with a money order and there is little correspondence or updates after the interview process.

I loved all of the ppl there and the program is super legit and has VERY competitive people being accepted to it. Many of the students who enroll at drew have multiple acceptances to good schools so do not think it's a push over by any means.

Also fit is huge. If you don't have experience in urban health or social disparities (clinical, volunteering, working) then you may be wasting your time/money with it.
Thank you soo much for this info!!! you're awesome :) wow mailing in secondary?? that's very interesting. Do you know if they screen for secondaries, and when the secondaries typically start coming out?

I just got a call for an interview for October 11th. Do you guys know what are the stats for the interview? Is there a 50% chance of getting into the program after the interview invite? I can't find any info anywhere about the interview for Drew/UCLA.

I just got a call for an interview for October 11th. Do you guys know what are the stats for the interview? Is there a 50% chance of getting into the program after the interview invite? I can't find any info anywhere about the interview for Drew/UCLA.

Wow congrats! When were you complete? Not sure of the stats for the interview..

Wow congrats! When were you complete? Not sure of the stats for the interview..

I received the secondary 7/23 and submitted it 7/28. I was notified that they received everything on 7/31. Hope that helps.

I just got an e-mail about being rejected from Chicago :/

This is my first interview offer so I'm pretty excited!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

I was rejected from UCLA/Drew. They accept 24 students and if memory serves me right they interviewed something like 300 students. So it's far from a 50/50 more like 5/95, but CONGRATS!!!!

I'm sure there will be many more to come!

I was rejected from UCLA/Drew. They accept 24 students and if memory serves me right they interviewed something like 300 students. So it's far from a 50/50 more like 5/95, but CONGRATS!!!!

I'm sure there will be many more to come!
Holy crap....I'm not too confident anymore. I hope I do get some more interviews coming in. I sure need it.

II today! Only 24 for spots so I can imagine how competitive the interviews must be, either way I'm pumped!

Interview the same day too!

I'm sure they accept something like 50. most schools do number of seats times two at least! congrats on all the II. I'm still hoping for some love from DREW/UCLA

I'm sure they accept something like 50. most schools do number of seats times two at least! congrats on all the II. I'm still hoping for some love from DREW/UCLA

Yes I agree. All the other UCs double it by the number of seats available, so I guess 50/300 is still a pretty good chance.

I hope you get something soon! They're probably slow because of the Labor Day weekend.

Make sure you check all your missed calls too! They call you to confirm that you are interested in an interview before sending an e-mail invitation for the interview. They called me 2 weeks ago and left a message and never called again.

I just checked my voicemail this week and was freaking out because they told me to call them back. I thought something was missing from my file. :eek:

Yes I agree. All the other UCs double it by the number of seats available, so I guess 50/300 is still a pretty good chance.

I hope you get something soon! They're probably slow because of the Labor Day weekend.

Make sure you check all your missed calls too! They call you to confirm that you are interested in an interview before sending an e-mail invitation for the interview. They called me 2 weeks ago and left a message and never called again.

I just checked my voicemail this week and was freaking out because they told me to call them back. I thought something was missing from my file. :eek:
lol. i just took my phone off vibrate!! haha

Has anyone interviewed for this program yet? It would be really helpful to know more about their interview process.

I haven't interviewed or received onebut by searching all over sdn, I heard their interview day combine mmi, one on one, and group interview/activity. And a paper

Wow thanks for the info! Hope you get a invite very soon. It sounds like a really intense interview. I don't even know where to begin. I only have ten days to prepare now.

I haven't interviewed or received onebut by searching all over sdn, I heard their interview day combine mmi, one on one, and group interview/activity. And a paper

I'm on the east coast received an II last month.

Any recent II from drew!?
Also does anyone know when they stop giving II

Any recent II from drew!?
Also does anyone know when they stop giving II

I don't know when they will stop giving out interview invites. I think they have 4 interview dates, one for each month, and the first one was in October. I interviewed in October and they said that we will be notified in two months about our status.

From the previous threads it sounds like they interview well into March.

I don't know when they will stop giving out interview invites. I think they have 4 interview dates, one for each month, and the first one was in October. I interviewed in October and they said that we will be notified in two months about our status.

thanks for the info! I'll kee hope alive till about January ending then! Hope your interview went well! You get to find out if accepted next month! Excited for you!!

From my understanding they interview at most 4x a month, since the interviews are done on Saturdays. I have no clue when they started though. I interviewed recently, and was told that we have to wait until February, unfortunately, because UCLA can't release decisions before December 15th.

If you can point me to more info about how the Drew app process works that'd be great, because I totally did not ask any of this stuff on my interview. I think the sun affected my reasoning abilities!

Dang February??! That's a long wait!
From my understanding they interview at most 4x a month, since the interviews are done on Saturdays. I have no clue when they started though. I interviewed recently, and was told that we have to wait until February, unfortunately, because UCLA can't release decisions before December 15th.

If you can point me to more info about how the Drew app process works that'd be great, because I totally did not ask any of this stuff on my interview. I think the sun affected my reasoning abilities!

thanks for the info! I'll kee hope alive till about January ending then! Hope your interview went well! You get to find out if accepted next month! Excited for you!!

Thanks! I hope you get an invite from this program soon. :) It's so awesome!
I hope I get in. This program is totally my number one choice. :rolleyes:

@Karasu I only know this because I asked someone who interviewed there the year before. She said that they have 4 interview dates, one per month. But I think they will continue to interview if they haven't filled in their class. I think the old threads also confirm this. Did they say something differently to you on your interview date?

Thanks! I hope you get an invite from this program soon. :) It's so awesome!
I hope I get in. This program is totally my number one choice. :rolleyes:

@Karasu I only know this because I asked someone who interviewed there the year before. She said that they have 4 interview dates, one per month. But I think they will continue to interview if they haven't filled in their class. I think the old threads also confirm this. Did they say something differently to you on your interview date?

I didn't ask, actually. I just inferred based on the numbers that were available to me (# of applicants, # of people interviewing wit me, etc.)

You're brave! I'm afraid to make it my number one choice, because they might not want me :(. lol

I didn't ask, actually. I just inferred based on the numbers that were available to me (# of applicants, # of people interviewing wit me, etc.)

You're brave! I'm afraid to make it my number one choice, because they might not want me :(. lol

Chin up! You got an early interview invite, that's already a good sign. They probably invite about 100-150 (4 interview dates x ~26 interviewees) students for 24 spots. I'm sure that they will accept a bit more than 24 students as some students are bound to have multiple acceptances.

I totally stumbled on some of the MMI stations. I spoke faster than what I could think and one interviewer gave me a confused look. Hahaha. Pretty cringe worthy when I think back on it. Hope that makes you feel better.

How's everyone!!!!! This thread is so difficult to find! I need to subscribe to it or something lol

So anxious!!!! I feel kinda crazy when I check my e-mails every five minutes. I think they're supposed to be notifying students soon?

I think as long as you've posted in this thread you'll get alerts when other people post.

Well on my interview day, Joe said that we would find out in two months. Which should be this month.

Yeah, on my interview day (October) some of the students said they didn't hear back until like March or April.

I've been complete since September and haven't heard a thing. I really want to be a part of this program!

I didn't ask when they interviewed, so I don't want to give false information. I will say that on last year's thread as well, notification went out around the same time. Every year is different though, so hopefully great news comes soon! This is absolutely my #1 school!