UCLA/Drew Program-Secondary yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FilipinoChic

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:)Hi all! Has anyone received a UCLA/Drew notification about secondaries and/or secondary yet? I turned in my AMCAS App in early July. Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

I was verified in late June, and I haven't heard from them either. I called a week ago to check on the status of my application because I know someone who submitted almost a month after me who got the secondary and the woman I spoke to said my file had not even be reviewed yet...maybe they are working backwards? It might be worth calling, I will probably call again on Friday if I haven't heard anything

They have been released. It's screened, and very well screened. There won't be any correlation to verification. Out of all of them. I think they will be reviewing every application late or early to determine those best for their class.

Members don't see this ad :)
They have been released. It's screened, and very well screened. There won't be any correlation to verification. Out of all of them. I think they will be reviewing every application late or early to determine those best for their class.

They have all been released? I called and was specifically told that my application has not been read yet...also I am confused about what you mean by reviewing every application late or early? So they are just reviewing the apps in random order? Or do they review them by certain characteristics, like minority status, disadvantaged status, region of country...I am confused...

They have all been released? I called and was specifically told that my application has not been read yet...also I am confused about what you mean by reviewing every application late or early? So they are just reviewing the apps in random order? Or do they review them by certain characteristics, like minority status, disadvantaged status, region of country...I am confused...

Um...you can't listen to what anyone says regarding your application except if they have it or not. :p. this is just a solid general rule about phone calls to admissions. For example, Pritzker says the same thing, we have not made a decision, when they clearly did. Another phone call said, yes we did make a decision and the answer is no interview. :p Two calls, same school. In the end, you'll have to sit tight and see if you deem worthy for a secondary. I think they review them in reverse order but once they get more those are read. However, this is just a pipe dream thinking I stand a chance (verified and submitted June). You should just focus on the other schools at the moment. No other school really accepts 25 students.

i was verified mid-july and got the sec last week.

if i'm doing something now that is very relevant to that program, should i send them an update letter, pre-secondary?

i got the sec a few weeks ago. I was verified in late june