Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

UCLA Essay

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by KAP, Dec 14, 2005.

1. KAP

KAP Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I talked to the admissions coordinator at UCLA and those interviewng have to write an essay within a half hours time. Does anyone remember what topic they were given to write about. I have my interview on Dec. 19th and need to know ASAP! Anyone, please get back to me. Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. duh?

duh? Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Wouldn't that be..................Cheating? I'm sure if they wanted you to cram your essay, they'd have put the title/topic in you interview invite. Get real, ASAP! :) Relax and be yourself, i'm sure it's not going to be too difficult for you to handle in 30 mins. Good luck.

4. KAP

KAP Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

sorry not all of us have been accepted to a dental school yet. if u had an interview there, just tell me. whats the big deal?

5. Audio

Audio Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Hahahahah. Get real man. Why do you think you deserve to get into UCLA if you can't even manage a simple essay. Like duh? said, go in there and be yourself. Maybe UCLA gives you essays because those skills are a big part of their curriculum, for example, and maybe you'd be completely miserable at their school for your 4 years cuz you suck at essay writing. The point is, have faith in the adcom to pick the best students for their program. If it's not you, then maybe they did you a favor and you should thank them.

6. mkdhappy

mkdhappy Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    be confident. Don't have an attitude. =) and You'll do well. ^_^

7. KAP

KAP Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

who said I can't manage writing an essay? plus, you being condescending on a forum like this makes you look really big and tough. You are really showcasing your eminent social prowess. Sorry i'm not real like you, man. Things arent as easy as you make them seem. So have faith in the fact that you are an a**hole.

8. KAP

KAP Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I heart mkdhappy. :)

9. duh?

duh? Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    :eek: Gosh! May I assume now, that i understand why you need the 'extra help' with getting accepted? With that kinda attitude you may need more than just the topic. Would you like a personal essay too? :rolleyes:

10. KAP

KAP Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I have a great attitude. I work with people very well. Its just people like you who think they are the "shti" and the fact that you cant find another way to reply to my message besides being judgemental and inconsiderate speaks volumes.

11. KAP

KAP Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I want to officially end this thread. Please, no one tell me what the essay is on. I'll be fine and i'll rub it in your faces when i get in. later.

12. duh?

duh? Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Well forgive me then. Since I dont know you, all I have to work with are your posts. Do you blame me if i get the 'wrong' impression. Go back and read your responses in this thread, now imagine you were someone else. Now if you don't feel you've contributed to this wrong impression, then goodluck and keep up the 'good' work.
    PS: Love you too. :D

13. duh?

duh? Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hey don't get me wrong, I wish you the best. There's nothing to gain or lose if you do or do not get accepted so why should I wish you bad luck. Hey relax, I understand this is a stressful period. Goodluck. For real.

14. Audio

Audio Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

duh? told you to be yourself and you'll do fine. Then you started with the attitude man. No one is gonna help you cheat. And besides, the essays are probably different anyways. Besides, they are not make or break, they just want to see if you can put your thoughts down. Good luck, you need it. I hope you have really really really high numbers cuz I'm pretty sure an interviewer can see how much of a loser you are :D

15. KAP

KAP Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I did, and your very first response gave me a bad impression of you. therefore, you instigated everything, duh?. no love back.

16. duh?

duh? Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    How old are you? 10? 12? honey, grow up.
    PS: you dont have to love me back, my love is good enuf for 2. :laugh:

17. KAP

KAP Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

calling me a loser is real mature.

18. beredsox2

beredsox2 The Anti Anti-Dentite
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Is this what happens to UF students when the football team doesn't make the BCS?

19. Audio

Audio Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

It's called a joke. Lighten Up! This is a perfect example of what stress does to a pre-dent. DON'T WORRY, YOU'LL GET IN SOMEWHERE. so just chill out and stop being a spazz.

20. KAP

KAP Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

ok, i'm sorry audio and duh for having attitude. however, your sarcastic comments arent funny and don't contribute anything pertinent to what we are talking about.

21. KAP

KAP Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

where's your football team?

22. beredsox2

beredsox2 The Anti Anti-Dentite
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Capital One Bowl. But this was supposed to be a losing season for us, lost our entire d to nfl. GO Badgers!

23. Audio

Audio Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Sorry that what you consider pertinent is called cheating and providing you with an unfair advantage. I couldn't care less if you go into UCLA, I didn't apply there. But to come on here and ask people for inside info and then get mad when they don't give it to you says a lot about YOUR character. If you're going to ask for something like this, remember to be polite and then maybe someone will help you. :)

Good luck with the essay, try hucked un fonix

24. drhobie7

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Critically discuss the nuclear situation in North Korea from all angles and relate it to the current French export pattern. 30 minutes....go.

25. Audio

Audio Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Damn, why would you tell him what the question was? Now he's going to go and research that topic and only that topic...and focus on it...and ace the essay ;)

26. msdentist06

msdentist06 Member
    5+ Year Member

I was given the following topic:
    A subluxation is a partial dislocation or abnormal movement of a bone in a joint. For example, nursemaid's elbow is the subluxation of the head of the radius in the elbow. What do you think causes subluxation? Good luck. UCLA is a great school.

27. duh?

duh? Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
  28. ecdoesit

ecdoesit DDS/MS
    7+ Year Member

first thing first. stay calm. i have been to interview when i thought the interviewer treated me unfairly. (of cos, i didnt go to that sch). dental school could be pretty frustrating. if u lose ur temper, u lose a lot more.

2nd, i assume they have fresh questions everyday, so dont count on having repeated question. reading the ada news and get up to dated about current dental issue will benefit you.(maybe not the interview, but as a future dentist).

though, just to stress you out, they will read your stuff and discuss with you during the interview. so dont bs.

and most importantly, treat your student interviewer nicely because they are my colleagues.

-by someone who have taken 7 finals and 3 more to go this week.

29. mcshow2

mcshow2 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    No fair, you guys got easy questions talking about korea and what not. I got really hard one:

Explain the role of the Tooth Fairy in modern society. If you were given the opportunity of being the Tooth Fairy, what changes would you implement? Cite 3 scholarly articles in your paper from memory. Ready... Go!

On a serious note Mr. KAP, I wouldn't stress. I think UCLA accepts close to everyone they interview.

Good luck to everyone on their finals. I hope you UCLA dental students are doing alright, just two more days!

30. ecdoesit

ecdoesit DDS/MS
    7+ Year Member

hehe, just to bring back good memory from the interview. mcshow2, a standard interview question: why ucla?