UCLA interview call 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SHINWARI

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys did anyone else also get interview call from UCLA?
I just received a phone call from UCLA that I am invited for an interview which is scheduled for 1st and 2nd Nov.:D
Good luck to all

Members don't see this ad.

hey - i got a call too...

but dunno if i'l make it though.. its a really great school...

gd luck to u...:thumbup:

I got one too... Can't imagine how happy I am!

Members don't see this ad :)
hi,
the lady called on my residence no. but i was out. hope it won't affect my status.

i got call too..it's on 1st and 2nd nov. see you all..i am so happy....

congrat to all above!!:laugh:

can any one tell me what number was written when you got a call from UCLA?

because I got some call which was written just 'private' today. so I am afraid I might miss call. Please reply...

and if possible, plz tell me the number of UCLA

Thank you

hello,
i got a call too
the fees for the interview is 300$
i have mine on 31st oct & 1st nov.
see u all ,
:laugh:

Guys,
Is UCLA done with the interview calls. How many students do they call. Please help

Hi I received a call today, who (female) would like to share hotel?? my interview is nov 1 and 2. Hotel from oct 31st to Nov 2nd. Let me know...:)

Hi I received a call today, who (female) would like to share hotel?? my interview is nov 1 and 2. Hotel from oct 31st to Nov 2nd. Let me know...:)
Hey guys congrates....Did anybody who didn't get the call and confirmed from UCLA why they didn't get the call.... jsut curious... Its a great school....

Did anyone of you receive their call on the cellphone? Coz in case u are'nt home during the day, do they cal u on ur cellfone? or do they leave a message?

Anybody got the interview call by e-mail??
I'm in other country now, and maybe it will be difficult for me to receive a phone call because of time difference between here and the US..
What shall I do?:confused:

and anybody got a rejection by e-mail??

hi guys..even i got the call today from UCLA.. mine is scheduled for 31Oct and 1 Nov... c u there

Members don't see this ad :)
congrat to all above!!:laugh:

can any one tell me what number was written when you got a call from UCLA?

because I got some call which was written just 'private' today. so I am afraid I might miss call. Please reply...

and if possible, plz tell me the number of UCLA

Thank you

the number is 310-794-7971
good luck

Anybody got the interview call by e-mail??
I'm in other country now, and maybe it will be difficult for me to receive a phone call because of time difference between here and the US..
What shall I do?:confused:

and anybody got a rejection by e-mail??

the are giving out invitations by phone calls,haven't received any mail or e-mail yet.
u can call them and ask about ur status. the no is 310-794-7971
good luck

She called my cell phone, the # showed up is:310-825-4321You can try this # as well as the one SHINWARI provides.

All Interview guys have been contacted yesterday.

Hi, I got interview call right now, I think I am invited instead of somebody who give up attending interview, even though she said no..... so possibility of acceptance might be low.....but I am happy!!

Thank you.

I got it too! But I have no idea about the practical exam. any help appreciated! anybody willing to share accommodation contact me.

thanks shinwari, twinfish..
I tried several times but nobody answered..
I do not understand why they let us know only by phone call..

good luck to all of you...:)

Just got mine in my email. Nobody called me on the phone though. See you on Oct. 31st and Nov. 1st.

Just got mine in my email. Nobody called me on the phone though. See you on Nov. 1st and 2nd.

Please TAHAZA can you share your status with us ,so that we will have an idea.
Ania

Please TAHAZA can you share your status with us ,so that we will have an idea.
Ania

I have posted my stats under more than one thread previously. Good Luck.

----------------------------------------------------------
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you; then you win.

M. Gandhi

But only Invitation letter, map & hotel information enclosed. it seems they mentioned they will send Bench Examination Instructions to us. anyone heard that?

But only Invitation letter, map & hotel information enclosed. it seems they mentioned they will send Bench Examination Instructions to us. anyone heard that?

i also received the same package with invitation letter,map n hotel info.They had told me that once they receive the money order for $300 then they vl send me the bench exam instructions.I think they must hv received my money order by now.Hope they vl start sending the examination info package in a couple of days.

has anyone got information package from UCLA? the lady told me that they have sent it two days back so we supposed to get it by today. if anyone got this please give details about it as i did not receive it.
thanks in advance..

I have some questions, maybe somebody can help me. First, I haven't heard from UCLA at all. I called by the end of last week to check if everything is OK with my application and to see if they started the interview process as I found out from SDN. I was told that they started the interviews 1 week before, around 12th of October. Second question: do they have a 2 time interview this year? I mean, 31st-1st and 1st-2nd? It should be a new strategy for UCLA, as they had ONLY 1 time interview previous years. I really don't know what's happening overthere....... Any suggestions?
Good luck!

has anyone got information package from UCLA? the lady told me that they have sent it two days back so we supposed to get it by today. if anyone got this please give details about it as i did not receive it.
thanks in advance..

hi there,
i received the packet day before yesterday.It says that all the candidates should report no later than 10:00 am to the office of student affairs m A0-111 on thursday,nov 1st; to meet with dr Carol Bibb,Associate Dean-Student Affairs,followed by meeting with our Financial Aid Officers.Our office will provide each of you with a meal coupon so that you can have lunch between 11:30-12:30 pm.The practical eam is scheduled from 12:30pm-5:00pm(casual attire is advised).
If you have any questions,please feel free to contact our office at 310 825-8311.
he practical examination includes following preparations;

1-Amalgam preparation MesioOcclusal Mandibular First Molar
2-PFM-Maxillary Central Incisor
3-MOD Onlay-Maxillary Molar

THE PPID CANDIDATES ARE ALLOWED TO BRING THE ITEMS LISTED BELOW FOR THE LABORATORY BENCH EXAM
-high Speed Hand Piece
-low Speed Hand Piece
-Adaptors
-Any operative instrument of the candidate choice

*please note pre-poured models and stents will not be allowed.

HOPE IT HELPS.GOOD LUCK TO ALL

hi guys,
Does anybody have any idea about UCLA interview?Is it just personal interview or they also ask clinical questions?
my interview is on nov 2nd;if anyone has any idea please do share ur experience so that i cud be of any help to all of us who have interview at UCLA.thanx in advance

thank you very much SHINWARI,
i am out of station so did not have access to my mail box..
anyone knows about UCLA interview please do share information. my interview is on 2nd nov.

they said that we should prepare almost all instruments including handpieces..... even though application fee is 300$!!! I feel that they don't consider international students, compared to other schools... :( other opinion??

they said that we should prepare almost all instruments including handpieces..... even though application fee is 300$!!! I feel that they don't consider international students, compared to other schools... :( other opinion??

preparing instruments?

what does that mean??:confused::

i called them n they told me the same.we are supposed to take high and low speed hand pieces along with adaptors.then will not provide these.dono from where we can rent them.do u guys have any idea if theres any place from where we can rent hand pieces.UCLA will send us e mail n will let us know which instruments they r gonna provide the rest v have to take with us.dono where is $300 going.UCSF took $200 n provided everythng.we were not allowed to take any instrument wid us.hope we get hand pieces from sumwhere.:confused:

Those who have interview on 2nd can u plz help me?
I am having a problem with timings.My interview is at 4 30 pm on nov 2nd and my flight back to denver is at 6:00pm the same day.I called UCLA n told them about my situation and asked them if they could interview me at earlier timings,they asked me if any candidate agrees to change timings with me then they can change it, othewise not.I request that if someone(whose interview is on 2nd nov) who lives in LA or has no problem with flight timings plz help me in this regard.I will really appreciate it.thank u in anticipation.

Hi,
Does anyone know if we have a written component consisting of mcq questions in ucla like ucsf ? I called evelyn marques ,but she says there won't be ,but previous yrs says there will be ,anybody know more abt this
PPL already in ucla if u could give us an idea as to how the interview will be that would be great
Good luck everybody :thumbup:

Hi,
Does anyone know if we have a written component consisting of mcq questions in ucla like ucsf ? I called evelyn marques ,but she says there won't be ,but previous yrs says there will be ,anybody know more abt this
PPL already in ucla if u could give us an idea as to how the interview will be that would be great
Good luck everybody :thumbup:

I don't think that they r having written exam otherwise they wud have send us the schedule of written exam also.we have just clinical test on 1st nov.I really don have any idea abt the interview,whether it vl b personal or clinical questions vl also be asked?:(
If u know anythng abt UCLA interview plz post it here so that it cud be of some help to all of us who vl be interviewed on 31st and 2nd.thanx

hey guyz,

Im a current PPID student at Ucla.I would share with u my experience last year,hope it would be of any help..........

Last year we had a written exam ...we were informed of it earlier......
we had the same practical.................I guess they gave us enough time, 4hrsfor 3 preps....u have to get ur handpiece with 3hole and slow speed if u think u need one(i managed without it)...they gave us the burs ....and hand instruments....but u can get ur own burs which ur comfortable with.

we had a lunch break for about 45min between written and practical....the cafetaria is so rush at that time , so guyz it would save u some time if u can get ur lunch or prefer to get at the frozen section at the student store than at cafetaria to avoid the rush..
Interview was coool on 1-4 basis....usually they asked us routine questions about our clincal experience so far ..........dental experience in US, and about self............I had no questions about theory.
they r really friendly,will make you feel comfortable and they want know ur intrestes...
Good luck all of you...
do let me know if u need aything in particular..........

hey guyz,

Im a current PPID student at Ucla.I would share with u my experience last year,hope it would be of any help..........

Last year we had a written exam ...we were informed of it earlier......
we had the same practical.................I guess they gave us enough time, 4hrsfor 3 preps....u have to get ur handpiece with 3hole and slow speed if u think u need one(i managed without it)...they gave us the burs ....and hand instruments....but u can get ur own burs which ur comfortable with.

we had a lunch break for about 45min between written and practical....the cafetaria is so rush at that time , so guyz it would save u some time if u can get ur lunch or prefer to get at the frozen section at the student store than at cafetaria to avoid the rush..
Interview was coool on 1-4 basis....usually they asked us routine questions about our clincal experience so far ..........dental experience in US, and about self............I had no questions about theory.
they r really friendly,will make you feel comfortable and they want know ur intrestes...
Good luck all of you...
do let me know if u need aything in particular..........

thank u so much for sharing ur experience wid us.
I just called UCLA n asked about which burs they vl provide,she told me they vl provide sum but the students shud bring their own.she dozn know which burs they vl provide and also not sure abt whether v vl have to do amalgam filling or not:confused::confused:.in the guidelines they have mentioned just abt class2 cavity preparation but in the instruments list, which they vl provide on examination day they hv also mentioned abt amalgam carrier,condensor,carver etc.I asked evelyn she laughed n said i dono anythng abt it as I am not a dentist,I dono wat r those guidelines for n wats amalgam filling.then i explained her wats cavity preparation n wats filling.but still se isn sure:confused: n am also not sure whether v vl hav to do filling or not.she also told me that they vl not provide gowns,mask and gloves etc.so hv to take them wid us.I wonder wat r they porviding then n y did they take $300:scared:.:( as v hv to take evrythng wid us

I am looking for accomodation during interview in LA. If there is anybody looking for accommodation plz let me know. my no 4782135695

hi guys
my flight is at 5pm from denver to LA,see ya all tomorrow inshallah.
gud luck to all:thumbup:

hi guys
my flight is at 5pm from denver to LA,see ya all tomorrow inshallah.
gud luck to all:thumbup:

Hey congratulations to both of u n inshallah u will do great:)
call me once u guys get here!!
naz

thanx naz n jay for ur best wishes
wish u both the very best of luck for ur admission:thumbup:
jay howz ur preparation goin for columbia tech exam?gud luck

How were the interview and the practical exam? And is it possible for UCLA to have another round of interviews this year?
Thank you and good luck with your admission! :luck:

thanx shinwari.. am in NY - dreading tomorrow ..... tensed ...

how did the i/v in UCLA go for both of u ... how was the bench test and how was the personal i/v?

thanx naz n jay for ur best wishes
wish u both the very best of luck for ur admission:thumbup:
jay howz ur preparation goin for columbia tech exam?gud luck

thanx shinwari.. am in NY - dreading tomorrow ..... tensed ...

how did the i/v in UCLA go for both of u ... how was the bench test and how was the personal i/v?
welll.... bench exam was okay. minor mistakes for sure...
but thanx god no major mistake(not that im aware of)lolz.And da interview was all personal.all general questions just like ucsf.And as there is no write or wrong answer to that type of questions so really don know how did we do.But one shud stay positive and hope for the best.so lets jus keep our fingers crossed and wait for the result.
And im pretty much sure they wont call more students for the interview,as they already explained their admission process to us.so best f luck to all

Lets' hope for the best! One question: how many candidates have been called for the interview? 40-50?
Thanks and good luck! :thumbup: