UCLA Interview Day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GrandMasterB

Big Poppa Pump
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the story is with the social receptions at Jules Stein? Is the reception the evening before the interview for taking to faculty or just residents/ is it important to go to this (I know the one the day of is supposed to be quite important). :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

GrandMasterB said:
Does anyone know what the story is with the social receptions at Jules Stein? Is the reception the evening before the interview for taking to faculty or just residents/ is it important to go to this (I know the one the day of is supposed to be quite important). :luck:

The one the night before is just with the residents (at least it was last year). It was at a swanky bar on Wilshire Blvd. Order drinks and have a good time meeting the residents and the other applicants. I don't know if the residents have much say in the selection process... so don't worry too much about impressing them. (If anyone has information otherwise, please correct me).

Good luck, everybody.

FlyingDoc said:
The one the night before is just with the residents (at least it was last year). It was at a swanky bar on Wilshire Blvd. Order drinks and have a good time meeting the residents and the other applicants. I don't know if the residents have much say in the selection process... so don't worry too much about impressing them. (If anyone has information otherwise, please correct me).

Good luck, everybody.

This is correct. The one the night before your interview is at a local restaurant/bar with the residents. Interview day consists of two 30 minute interviews, a tour and a reception in the early evening with the residents and faculty members over appetizers in a semi-casual setting. This second reception seems important as you do a significant amount of mingling with all of the faculty members. Good Luck!