UCLA interview November 29th, chances of hearing back by Dec 1st

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

James Hetfield

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know its only a 3 day window, but any chance I could receive acceptance/rejection by the 1st?

Anyone else hear on such short notice?

Members don't see this ad.

I think it's unlikely you'll hear back on the first. A lot of schools have already met and know who they're calling on the 1st. I might be wrong, but I think you will be more likely to hear back a few days later.

I know its only a 3 day window, but any chance I could receive acceptance/rejection by the 1st?

Anyone else hear on such short notice?

Look at predents data from last year to get a sense of what happened. That should give you enough insight as to what will probably reoccur this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it's likely you will hear back on December 1. A 3-day window should be sufficient time for them to make a decision.

it takes about 1 week or so for them to make a decision. so i think it's unlikely. but don't worry. if you are interviewed at ucla, you are almost guaranteed an acceptance. good luck!!!

Just ask while you are there about the timeline.

Ask them. They've told us at all my interviews or someone asks. Some schools meet the next day, some next week, one even later that day. Dot be afraid to ask them about the admissions process.

I think it's likely you will hear back on December 1. A 3-day window should be sufficient time for them to make a decision.

Yes I agree. I have an interview on 11/29 also so I wondered the same thing. I think it varies from school to school, but I do believe 3 day window is enough time also. Some schools actually decides on accept/reject on the day of interview. I looked around and I've seen someone interviewed at NYU on11/30 and got accepted on 12/1. I think your chances are good. Best luck to you.

not sure if you'll hear back in 3 days, but i do know that an interview at ucla pretty much = acceptance. *thumbs up* (what happened to the buddy icons??)

not sure if you'll hear back in 3 days, but i do know that an interview at ucla pretty much = acceptance. *thumbs up* (what happened to the buddy icons??)
Yeah, according to doc's excel sheet, last year 111 people interviewed and 99 were accepted. Pretty insane acceptance/interview ratio.

I think they might tell you early december but not necessarily december 1...could be a few days after that