UCLA interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GRAD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone else? got mine for Jan 19th, at least that's what i emailed noemi with.

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck again bro...let us know if you need anything for it. And don't forget to eat a hearty breakfast. :D :thumbup:

How did you hear about the interview invitation? DId it come in the mail or email?

THanks and good luck on your interview!.

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe they come by e-mail.

GRAD, I got mine too, I might see you on the 19th.

Grad, Rash, gl to you both.

hey there! i got an interview for the 19th as well. ;-)

any idea what the essay portion is like? what's the topic? how long is it?
thanks!

when did you guys get the interview offer? I'm still waiting....

Why do you guys all have the 19th? That's not the earliest one in Jan. There's one tomorrow.

i was just notified friday, i dont know when the tomorrow ones were sent out. when?

hey there! i got an interview for the 19th as well. ;-)

any idea what the essay portion is like? what's the topic? how long is it?
thanks!

Hi there,
The topic I had was a given situation, and you have to write about how you would dela with it. It was ~30 minutes if I didn't remember wrong. It was not tricky or anything. Relax and good luck! I hope to see you guys in September :)

yea i'm gonna go on the 19th too, just to check it out. don't know if i'll actually go though if i get accepted.

thanks icepinkish!

was the situation you were given dental related? uuuugh....i hate writing on the fly!

thanks again! btw, if you feel uncomfortable devulging any more information about this essay bit, no worries. i completely understand!:)

here's another question for you guys...

on the ucla webpage, it states the number of credit hours required in the various areas of study (gen chem, org chem, bio, etc.). do they go specifically by the number of credit hours or by the description of each. for example, it states that they require 8 credit (semester) hours (one year plus one year of lab) for org chem. well, for my org chem, i have 8 credits but only one semester of lab.

thanks so much!!

thanks icepinkish!

was the situation you were given dental related? uuuugh....i hate writing on the fly!

thanks again! btw, if you feel uncomfortable devulging any more information about this essay bit, no worries. i completely understand!:)

Let's say it was dental-related, but no professional knowledge was required. I still believe that the essay was mainly used to see if you can express well. Make sure you know what your point is, because my interviewer asked questions about what I wrote (the interview was right after the essay, and apparently my interviewer had already read it carefully by the time we met. I loved how efficient the UCLA people were :laugh: ) Don't sweat it, though. It was not hard.

I don't think posting the prompt I had here will be helpful, as I believe they will give different prompts anyway. I also don't think I should do it.
Good luck :).

Let's say it was dental-related, but no professional knowledge was required. I still believe that the essay was mainly used to see if you can express well. Make sure you know what your point is, because my interviewer asked questions about what I wrote (the interview was right after the essay, and apparently my interviewer had already read it carefully by the time we met. I loved how efficient the UCLA people were :laugh: ) Don't sweat it, though. It was not hard.

I don't think posting the prompt I had here will be helpful, as I believe they will give different prompts anyway. I also don't think I should do it.
Good luck :).

Agreed. the essay prompt for UCLA is not tricky nor does it require ANY preparation. If you got this far, the essay shouldnt be a concern for you guys. also, i don't think UCLA wants us to pass out the prompts so we probably shouldn't do that. gl all.

Good luck to everyone who has an upcoming interview at UCLA! :luck:

My advise: If they ask you, "What will you bring to this school?" For the love of God DO NOT say that you're a competitive person and that you'll challenge other students to do better. I said something like that and it's a red flag to them b/c they have pass/no-pass grading which is designed to get rid of competition. They had me talk with another interviewer at the end of the day to clarify what I meant.

I hope this is helpful to all of you and that none of you will make my mistake.
Good luck again!!

Post Script - The essay wasn't that bad. Just think it through before you write your answer.

Thanks everyone!! I appreciate your insight!
Hopefully, I'll see you next year. :)