ucla interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalbuddy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
can anyone describe the interview day at ucla??

also, what types of questions were you guys asked?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
not necessarily in this order:

• meet with financial adviser
  • meet with counselor to go over your application and determine any missing requirements
  • Tour
  • Get measured up for scrubs, white coats, gloves
  • interview with 1 or 2 faculty
  • meet with 4 students and ask them questions
in terms of questions asked, my interview was chill in that they didn't really ask me too many questions. If there is something interesting on your app they might ask you about that, but it was one of those interviews where they try to get to know you instead of grill you. If they were to ask you questions, it would probably be about your experiences, both dental and non-dental.

note also that lunch was not provided, although I heard that some interview dates before mine had lunch.

is it bad if you get 2 interviewers instead of one?

Axum pretty much nailed it. The interview is way laid back. From what I can tell if you get an interview you are pretty much in. At my interview it seemed like he was moreso trying to sell the school tome than trying to grill me. I only had one interview, but I wouldn't say that it is bad if you get two.

I concur with the fellas above. If you look at the ADEA stats about the # of interviews given at UCLA vs. its acceptances, it is extremely high at somewhere near 85%. So I would imagine that if you get an interview, particulary before December 1st (which is moot now), you'd really have to do something bad for them to not like you to reject you or put you on the waitlist. On the other hand, though, I am a bit surprised that they are no longer offering lunch. I was in the first batch of interviewees and lunch was not too bad . . . . .

Axum pretty much nailed it. The interview is way laid back. From what I can tell if you get an interview you are pretty much in. At my interview it seemed like he was moreso trying to sell the school tome than trying to grill me. I only had one interview, but I wouldn't say that it is bad if you get two.

Same experience, the interview was geared more towards telling me what UCLA can offer me than what I can offer UCLA.

Don't forget there is a short (1-2 pages, hand written) essay to start the day. I would tell you the question but it's not a hard one and it's one any dental school applicant should be able to answer quickly.

You'll do fine!

also, just to add to UNR.GRAD's statement - if I remember correctly, the essay is read by your interviewer so that he can get to know you better. I don't think that it is a huge factor in whether you get accepted or not. So don't stress out, you'll do fine.

at this point, since it is after dec 1st, what are the chances of getting accepted to ucla...i know that the acceptance rate is high if u get an interview but how are the chances now?

oh yea forgot about the essay...obviously it wasnt a major stress inducer :cool:

at this point, since it is after dec 1st, what are the chances of getting accepted to ucla...i know that the acceptance rate is high if u get an interview but how are the chances now?

If you get an interview, regardless of the date, you have a great shot of getting in. My friend was interviewed in April last year and got in. UCLA is very selective when interviewing, I don't think they drop their standards as the class fills.

Members don't see this ad :)
what do u mean by selective? what do they look for?

what do u mean by selective? what do they look for?

meaning they are very choosy with the people they even offer an interview to. So high GPA and DAT. Large amounts volunteer work, research experince, dental shadowing/experience...etc

Do you guys remember what time the interview ended?

thanks a million!

No, believe what they say, the interview is not something to stress about. I would say that the most important thing for you is to just read up on the school and think of all of the things that you want to ask them about. I mean look at the programs that they offer that you would be interested in. The interview day is very informative, and not stressful at all.

No, believe what they say, the interview is not something to stress about. I would say that the most important thing for you is to just read up on the school and think of all of the things that you want to ask them about. I mean look at the programs that they offer that you would be interested in. The interview day is very informative, and not stressful at all.

hey, were u at my phd interview at ucsf?

I don't think so, I wasn't really planning on doing a PhD. I had talked to them about it, but i didn't go to a special PhD interview.

I don't work in the admissions office but a lot of my classmates got accepted after December. I'd say pretty good esp if you have an interview invitation

so i've read all of the database ucla interview reports....is it just me, or is UCLA suuuper laid back.

My interview wasn't stressful at all...