UCLA Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Calguitar84

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Those who had UCLA Interviews in November, could you share your experiences????

Members don't see this ad.

Those who had UCLA Interviews in November, could you share your experiences????

It's very relaxing and fun. Actually it was the least stressful interview I've had so far. ;)

Btw, why did you change your nickname? I liked calguitar w/o 84 better.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone else have an interview there this Friday?? I'll be there! I'm excited!

I'll be there, let's rock it ;)

How many interviewees are there?
Is it one on one interview?

ucla rocks =) my alma mater too.

for those who got an interview, (sorry for stealing ur thread), can u post ur stats (if no predents), when u submitted ur application, and when u submitted ur secondary? i'm just curious cuz i submitted my secondary late Sept, and i know it's rolling admissions... thankx!

wish i got one at UCLA *sniff*

:(

Good luck on ur interview. You will get in fosho with ur dat score if I remember it correctly...

There were six of us, interviewed by three interviewers one-on-one. My interviewer was supper nice. Keep your cool guys, you will be fine.

There were six of us, interviewed by three interviewers one-on-one. My interviewer was supper nice. Keep your cool guys, you will be fine.

so harry did you put in a good word for me or what man ? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
UCLA rocks!!! I love the school so much. That's sad that they did not ask me "why UCLA?"

So if you haven't heard back from them yet, what does that mean? Am I still in the races or can I just kiss my dreams good bye?

So if you haven't heard back from them yet, what does that mean? Am I still in the races or can I just kiss my dreams good bye?

It seems that UCLA has only sent out a half of interviews so far.

Is the other half being sent out after Dec 1st?

Is the other half being sent out after Dec 1st?

I think they'd resume as early as sometime in next week since Dec. 2nd is the last interview date that they have assigned so far. It won't make sense if they send you an invitation for Dec. 5th on Dec. 2nd. Assuming that they'd give you at least a week to prepare for a trip, they should send out a few invitations sometime in next week.
Of course if they decide to skip Dec. 5th, then it's possible that invitations will be sent out after dec. 1st.

I submitted:
-AADSAS: June 23
-Secondary: Sept 10

Since I submitted on the "earlier" side, does this mean they've probably skipped over me and I shouldn't expect an interview?

In other words: people that have gotten interviews--did any of you submit application materials AFTER this date?

I think they'd resume as early as sometime in next week since Dec. 2nd is the last interview date that they have assigned so far. It won't make sense if they send you an invitation for Dec. 5th on Dec. 2nd. Assuming that they'd give you at least a week to prepare for a trip, they should send out a few invitations sometime in next week.
Of course if they decide to skip Dec. 5th, then it's possible that invitations will be sent out after dec. 1st.

Dec. 5th is a go! They just sent out invitations for it today via email. So so excited - keep your hopes up everyone! There are still a lot more interviews to be offered since they haven't offered enough interviews to fill their class yet.

Oh, and I submitted AADSAS in mid May and my secondary at the end of July / early August. DAT was mid June. So, no they have not already overlooked you if you submitted it early - I thought that too.

Dec. 5th is a go! They just sent out invitations for it today via email. So so excited - keep your hopes up everyone! There are still a lot more interviews to be offered since they haven't offered enough interviews to fill their class yet.

Oh, and I submitted AADSAS in mid May and my secondary at the end of July / early August. DAT was mid June. So, no they have not already overlooked you if you submitted it early - I thought that too.

Good Luck and Go Blue! I could use some fellow wolverines to celebrate great victories like last night!

My interview is on Dec 5th.

Submitted AADSAS: early August
Secondary: early October

Good Luck to everyone.

Hey guys, this is my first post in a while.

I got an interview at UCLA on Dec 5th as well. I submitted my AADSAS in mid June and turned in my secondary application mid August.

For the ones who interviewed at UCLA already, I was just wondering if you guys can tell us how the essay portion of the interview day went.

By the way, it's kind of funny how close our ID's are Calguitar and Calguitar84. Calguitar 84, are you from Berkeley also?