UCLA laptop requirements

Started by eapleitez
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

eapleitez

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone please post this? I lost my paper that showed the minimum requirements.

I think I remember some being kinda strange, like a pentium processor, and year warranty.
 
any new laptop you get now should meet the requirements. i suggest getting something light w/battery life that can last the whole day, s.a. vaio tx, or thinkpad x60s, unless you already have one. If you already do have one, you can put off getting a new laptop until 2nd year or so, as laptop is not really needed 1st year. & when you do get one, get 3 or 4 years warranty w/accidental damage protection from the manufacture, not the silly warranties from bestbuy or the like.
 
I just bought a nice Toshiba Satellite centrino duo on clearance for 899. I love this notebook! It's my first.